Small GTG on the Oregon Coast June 20th

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelda

Reaction score
Let me know if you're planning to be on the Oregon coast the last half of June.  We are planning a small get together at the campground at the Tillamook airport.

Nelda

Man, that's too bad, we will be out there shortly after.

Depends on the job I find, hoping for something further south.

Possible, is this the campground of which you speak?  I will have a few short trips under my belt at this time.  Been there a few times, mostly for the cheese.

Attachments

• tillamook.jpg
    tillamook.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 26
June 20, 2017 until?
Port of Tillamook RV Park
http://www.potb.org/rv-park/
My friend, Gary Green and I have decided to have a very informal GTG this summer. So informal that we are doing nothing but picking the time and place. We liked June 20th at Tillamook, Oregon on the coast, as a place where we can gather. It's basically an hour's drive west from Portland, Oregon.
This campground is by the Air Museum and costs $15.00 a night and you get nothing but a place where we all can sit around a campfire. I think there may be a few picnic benches and it's a first come type campground. You must be self contained and truly, they offer nothing. You will notice there is not an end date. We decided you all can make your own. If you wish to stay for a week, great. We think from Tuesday to the weekend is a good time to make friends and perhaps, travel plans with others.
There is much to do in the area. Munson Falls, Camp Meares and Tillamook; which has has shopping, restaurants, and the cheese and ice cream factories.
There is also dispersed camping on the Trask River just a few miles out of town. It would be a great place to start, stop or continue any travel adventures you may have. It's also way before the eclipse in August.
Our only ideas are perhaps a potluck or two, and a group breakfast. A common group conversation area at 10 am and 4 pm.

Nelda, I will contact you. I missed last year's Oregon gathering near Vernonia and was hoping there would be something going on. I have a grandchild due on June 15th but am hoping I can still come even for a day. :)

Gigi

I think I can stop by for either the pot luck or group breakfast, can you post those details once you have dates and time. Thanks

As of now, my plans have changed to new adventure. :-}  See you all down the road...

Also, we'll be having a Free Pile. I'm looking forward to seeing some of my collected "treasures" go to others who will use them in this lifestyle.

If you've not been to an RTR or other Vandweller Gathering before, the rules for the Free Pile are simple: Bring good usable stuff to give away. Put it on the "Free" tarp for attendees to take if interested. If it's still there when you leave the gathering, take it with you. [Note: Take only what you will actually use, not to sell.]

You can also bring some things to sell, instead of give away.

I may be able to make that one. I'll you know by end of week.

Margie who was with her partner Jay for so long (Bindi&Us), and is now without him since his passing, would love some company in Astoria, OR should anyone be passing through.  

She asked me to post this for her especially if you are on the way to the Tillamook gathering and can go through Astoria sometime from the 19th to 21st.  She'd love to show you the sights around Astoria.  I'll be meeting up with Margie mid- to late-afternoon on the 21st to go to the GTG; so, if you are there too, Margie says we could "have us a convoy!"

BTW, Astoria is a cool port town with lots of history about an hour north of Tillamook.

I will definately be coming to Tillamook! Am looking forward to meeting all of you.

Latest posts