Small gtg in Kentucky

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cammalu

Reaction score
If anyone is in the area we are having a few YARC members over the next week here near Beaver Dam, KY. Plenty of space to park. Dry camping but I can provide water. I think they are coming on the 19th and may stay about a week. PM for directions.

Never been to Kentucky.  I would love to attend, but alas I have other commitments. I have one Stinking Badge. Would that be enough to gain entrance to the YARC camp this winter for a visit?

Half shadows OF FREAKING COURSE you can come to YARC camp. Get ahold of me when you want the coordinates. I can also zip down and meet you at the gate and lead you in.

I try to give any newcomers in the first couple days an ATV ride over to a cool site nearby that has a little cave and petroglyphs if you’d like to see it.

I’m pretty involved in a quilting club and rock hounding club but manage to make time for desert outings as well.

Thank you Cammalu for the kind invitation.  From reading the YARC thread I understand you enjoy rock hounding. I Camped at Saddle mountain for a few days last winter. Outside of a large fly population (large chicken production farm nearby), it was a nice camp. I found enough fire, amber, and yellow agates to fill a large Danish butter cookie tin. Going to give them to the nearby lake store owner. She loves her rocks. Plus she is the major contributor (gossip) to whats going on up in the foothills and lake around here. I am glad I am on her good side.

There were 6 of us I think. Still one left. It was very nice to have them here at my place.

6dbd36ef8ecf0cd9ed6f5c1f7472894e.jpeg
9bec492140758590c6cf98670b7bb946.jpeg

Looks like a nice and relaxing environment. Thanks for sharing!

Now that the word is out, maybe you'll have 2000 next year, Cam. How about RTR-Kentucky in the spring or fall?

Hahaha. I’m only on 14 acres. 2000 will not fit.

Hey Cammalu

If you do this again next year I would love to attend. YARC (you ain't right club) I think I qualify. But I will be hosting "Small gathering In North East PA" about this same time. Maybe we could coordinate to keep from over lapping? I think a few from our last gathering would be interested as well.

I really didn’t make this a thing Buster. I just had a call that a couple would be driving by (I get that from time to time) so I thought I’d put it out here unless anyone else was close that wanted to come. I had seven not counting us.

Anyone moseying thru my area is welcome to stop

Got it, understand. No need to make anything complicated on my account. I keep an eye out for your gtgs in future and let you know if I'm passing through your way.

highdesertranger said:
nice Cammalu. highdesertranger

Does that mean you are coming thru HDR? I have a little creek sorta kinda when it’s not dry. Maybe there’s gold [emoji12]

Oops, forgot to mention, the camping spot at my pond is right next to my bone yard. They have been pretty peaceful so far but ya never know....

It’s decorated for Halloween

8c570ec3e186d063f595bf59ec6f5ce7.jpg
9d6e84f2fc15ce23c91a918aefcb57e5.jpg
2ef79ce766d2f6ffbe7c8a10407d2bb9.jpg

Posted by Buster1903 :  YARC (you ain't right club)
I've seen that set of letters (YARC) and wondered what it stood for, if it is true.

Acronyms drive me crazy, I ain't right and everyone I know isn't either. How do
I become a member ? :D

Your get together looks like it would be a lot of fun, great pictures. I'm about
fifty miles from KY. line over in VA. How far are you from the VA. line. Just
curious.

Jim we are outside of Beaver Dam, KY. Swing on by

For info on YARC you’ll have to find the thread on this forum and read it thru or you’ll never understand.

I ran across that thread a while ago, there was some funny stuff on it.
 I'll google that area on maps and see if I can plan a trip that way some
day soon. Would like to meat a few members in person.

I have to have two eye surgery's starting this Monday, got a chance to
get those Cataracts off my eyes. It will all be done by end of November.
I better wait till better weather. The Drops after each surgery is time
com summing.