Shower tent question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sephson said:
I use a two room shower tent.

It only takes up a little more room collapsed than a single room tent would. and allows me to have a wet side and a dry side. I set up my toilet on the dry side and I shower on the wet side. I also get dressed on the dry side.
That's pretty cool.

I put a camp chair in front of the tent, back toward the tent and hang the towel and clothes on the back. When I'm done showering unzip just a little way down and grab what I need.

Axel said:
I put a camp chair in front of the tent, back toward the tent and hang the towel and clothes on the back. When I'm done showering unzip just a little way down and grab what I need.
Good idea...thanks!

maki2 said:
But it does bring up an important point...protect your investment in tents by purchasing zipper lubricant made for use on outdoor gear, such as tents, duffels, sleeping bags and outer wear jackets. you can purchase it in sporting goods stores or online. It works great, keeps zippers gliding instead of binding.

If you don't have that and you DO have an old candle, that will work also. Just rub the side of an old candle 'stub' into the zipper teeth. Works pretty well for zero money spent. 

I think I learnt that little trick from 'Hints from Heloise' back in the 60's. Or was it Boy's Life Magazine?

Geeze I'm old.

:D

Latest posts