Shower pan

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilesport

Reaction score
I built a new shower pan base to replace my old one , I designed it exactly the same as my old one except I used water proof plywood , my old one I just covered the plywood  with white vinyl and used it that way with no problems .
Any ideas of how I can make a custom size pan to fit in this wood box that I made?
So far the best I've came up with is to just put a sheet of that grey rubber membrane in the wood box and use it like that , at least it would be better than that vinyl I had in there .

I use some stuff on my roof called Geocell ProFlex that might work I get a quart can at the lumber yard/hardware store for about 22 bucks. It looks like pale honey and just brushes on. That might work.
Other thoughts are fiberglass or maybe that spray on rubber stuff "as seen on TV" forget what it's called but you can find it at Wally World.

I drew up plans and had a metalworker weld one out of SS. But if you used marine ply, and waterproof glue, you could prime it with marine epoxy primer and then marine varnish. Then just lay down a rubber non-slip tub mat to minimize wear on the finish. Should work well for many many years.

Fiberglass, or two part epoxy paint, or two part epoxy pour on countertop clear coat.