Scary sign for nomads/full-timers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie Dorr

Reaction score
You've probably seen this...

Attachments

• 116155218_2599365023646471_6131591665933869890_n.jpg
    116155218_2599365023646471_6131591665933869890_n.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 104
Similar to such signs seen at Boy Scout Camp.   Generally they also  announce the  Trading Post   will remain closed until campsites & trails are cleaned up.  (no soda pop, ice cream, candy, etc until inspectors agree to it) 

I learned all the the stuff on that sign as a kid in scouts.   The earlier Boy Scout Handbooks were a wealth of wisdom for those who have never camped before  or have much experience with it.   They taught good ethics and values back in the day.   These books are still around used.

[img=216x306]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0015/9445/8221/products/c024n25693.jpg?v=1537166741[/img]

If we get millions of evictions soon, it will only get worse.

I carry my old scout handbook from the sixties in my van. Great reference on most things.

slow2day said:
If we get millions of evictions soon, it will only get worse.

Yeah my heart goes out to things like this and people suffering worse than I am. I can't imagine the terror some families experience. It wouldn't be as bad but in the US the poor or the homeless are almost treated like they are traitors.

wow is this a race to see how fast we can get political in the fewest posts?

I deleted 2 post so can the politics.

highdesertranger

Willie Dorr said:
You've probably seen this...

Hmmm, I don't think that's scary. I think it's common sense, and I think there oughta be MORE signs like this.

I've noticed right here on these forums that there are a lot of folks getting interested in the traveling life who don't have much background in camping. Hopefully, newbies HERE at least will learn to not be part of the problem, and will be instrumental in getting the word out.

jacqueg said:
Hmmm, I don't think that's scary. I think it's common sense,
I think it is a threat of collective punishment.
 Punish the offenders not the innocent.

You know.. like how justice is supposed to be.....

Idesert_sailing said:
I think it is a threat of collective punishment.
 Punish the offenders not the innocent.

You know.. like how justice is supposed to be.....
 It’s not punishment to preserve the environment.

the other option of course is to pay for more LEOs on public land and increase their patrol schedule. Of the two, I prefer closing lands that are being trashed.

If you're camping and see someone trashing the place, call the rangers. We have more eye's than they do.

My taxes are high enough already.

The people who behave in this manner, do not heed signs.

Going as far as the signs would be taunting them to misbehave.

"Here, hold my beer ..."

I'm not sure why this thread is so controversial but it's causing too many problems. I've deleted five or six posts for various reasons. There are reasons for that sign. I know all of you are following good boondocking practices. I hope all of the people who aren't take the signs to heart. Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.