RV living for women on CBS news

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted that on my blog earlier. CBS did a good job . I would love to see a show with more depth and individual portraits of the women. I'd bet there are a lot of great stories to be told.<div><br></div><div>Jaimie, one of the women interviewed posted about it on her blog <a href="http://blog.rvlifestyleexperts.com/...typepad/rvhometown/rv_home_yet+(RV+Home+Yet?)" target="_blank"><b>RV Home, Yet?</b></a></div>

This thread is from 2012 and the links no longer work.

There isn't any reason to bump threads that are this old and do not provide helpful information.

My apologies, I assumed that the links were archived and didn't verify they worked, and bumped the thread solely on the relevance to ongoing threads regarding the population of RVers. Once again, my apologies.

rvwandering said:
This thread is from 2012 and the links no longer work.

There isn't any reason to bump threads that are this old and do not provide helpful information.

What does "bump" mean?
Also, what does it mean when there is a strike thru on a name?
Thanks

Posting "bump" on a thread "bumps" it up to the top of the New Posts. This is sometimes done to bring attention to a thread that has become buried in the pages and pages of threads.

Banned members will have a strike through their name. Most of the time their posts will stay up because we do not want to delete information that may be helpful to other members.

Lots of stuff on YouTube on this topic.

Lots of good advice like putting a huge pair of men’s boots by the door.

The dog and I have been traveling as widows nearly 5 years, and have never once been accosted nor felt unsafe.

Stay alert, and use basic common sense.

It’s a pretty safe country.

things are safe mostly IF one keeps themselves in safer places :) but the uncommon can happen easily but like WRose said, be alert, be smart and more. Horrible things happen to great people all the time, but with some force in your own travels you can avert alot of the unknown crazy out there.

Boots are a good idea.

NRA "YES! It's my right" sticker in your back window.

Or... "if you can read this...you're in range" sticker.

But the very best assurance is not made of metal.
It's one that is loyal and warms you on cold nights, without the need for a man.