Runaway Trailers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsyJan

Reaction score
I took a mini road trip and visited Runaway Trailers in Summerfield, FL. Googling led me to various places, but it turns out it is actually on 441/27 across from the Marion County Flea Market. 

I was able to check out one of each model. If I decide to tow something upon retirement in 4+ years, I would go with the Rouser, a 6 x 8 stand up model ($6,999). It comes with air conditioning, two 15 amp power strips, two large windows and a small window on the door. All windows slide open and have screens. 

Next year there may be an option for a third window on the rear wall. What I asked about and was told they have no plans to ever add: a "hi-low" type with hydraulic lift to raise the roof for camping and lower it for towing. 

Also, I would have liked a second regular door and/or a large rear garage-size door, which are available on other models, but not on the standup model. But they have four years til I retire, so maybe there will be more options by then.

thanks for doing recon and sharing your thoughts and discoveries!

Or, you could buy a cargo trailer special-ordered with the doors and windows and insulation you want, lets say, in two years, and begin the process of converting out the inside to your liking, over the next 2 years, working slowly and as budget and time permit. When you do pull the plug on employment, the trailer would be ready to roll, or nearly so.

Just an option for ya.

I have zilch skills....which is why I was looking at a finished option. I probably won't be towing if I can help it. I would rather have a hybrid RAV4, which would solve the a/c and heat issues.