RTR no, no's

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate when people litter fruit peels and try to say it is okay.

How should car and tent campers handle clean up waters for them and dishes?

The rules not followed may be clean up after pets and gray water..just guessing.

C-Cat said:
The only real danger at all those Quartzsite desert locations would be if you camp in the washes...

In the designated RTR area the washes have vegetation in them, so setting up camp in any of them would be a problem. There's lots of flat, bare "desert pavement" to camp on. However, there are some people who don't know not to drive over desert vegetation, or don't care.

There are two places where you drive across washes — near the beginning of the unpaved road, and where the BLM bulldozed a new road at the RTR site. I've been there in rainy weather and there weren't flooding problems. Not that it couldn't happen. So if there's water in the washes, don't cross, or wait for a braver/more foolish person to cross and show how deep the water is or isn't.

yes some simple rules others despise yet keeps everything neat and civilized and sanitary...go figure those who don't give one ounce of energy to their own life and care of it? ugh.....but we all thread thru it as we must

highdesertranger said:
most of these are common sense but if common sense was common everybody would have it.

Geez, I've seen people in Walmart lots breaking most of these at one time or another.

:(

MrNoodly said:
General Guideline: Don't be a jerk.

Amen.

Why is "not being a jerk" apparently so difficult to do for so many people....?

(sigh)

lenny flank said:
Geez, I've seen people in Walmart lots breaking most of these at one time or another.

:(

As my Momma would say (take your pick):

Two wrongs don't make a right.

If everyone else jumped off a bridge, that still makes it suicide when you do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It's inherent in the nature of forums that we communicate asynchronously.  Posts and responses come at different times and may or may-not correspond with the continuity of thought.  I think it's just one of those circumstances with timing of post.  I can understand how one might read more into the situation.  I sincerely believe it was not meant as a jab at Keyhole-computer-guru, but more a response/continuation/summary to HDR's post listing some rules.  

To me... all those rules are just plain old good common sense.  But like others said, maybe common sense ain't all that common any more. So I think I'll add some more common sense to HDR's...list of uncommon sense.

- Smile more.
- Be tolerant of others.
- Pause for a moment and get some sunshine on your face each day.
- Say something nice, do something nice for someone else each day.
- If you're not having a good time, it's time to lower your expectations.

Doubleone I really like the last one,

- If you're not having a good time, it's time to lower your expectations.

highdesertranger

I don't burn construction wood or pallets but my common sense can't seem to come up with a reason this is illegal. Any help? Not being a smartass.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nails, staples,glue and chemically treated all come to mind. Almost anything the human race touches seems to become hazardous materials.

nails, staple, and iron are the main reason the Forest Service and BLM doesn't what you to burn them. another good reason is pallets are chemically treated to ward of insects and rot, the fumes are not good to breath especially when burned. highdesertranger

I doubt anyone in this lifestyle wants to go to Anthony, TX. I for one don't even want to go to Texas at all. Ever. And the rules are BLM! Not RTR! Why can't certain people understand this.

keyhole-computer-guru said:
I think in my opinion it is dangerous if you have 5,000 to 10,000 people in cars, vans, RV's, Campers, and School Buses gathering ALL in one place in the middle of the desert. It could be a setup (I don't know), but I don't think ALL the restrictions will STOP if there is an earthquake or sinkhole at the location.
An Earthquake or sinkhole? Are you being funny or serious? If you are full of what-ifs, I really don't think this lifestyle is for you. There are RV parks set up for your safe camping experience.

C-Cat said:
The only real danger at all those Quartzsite desert locations would be if you camp in the washes

Does that mean our meditation camp will not be held in a wash :rolleyes: