Official DATES for RTR 2018: Rules and Maps

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigT said:
I look forward to hearing more of the good / positive encounters people are having out there.  Hopefully you'll have some of your own to share.  :cool:

I've met many cool people, petted (and been leaned on by) many awesome dogs, and peeked inside a buncha vans.  I'm anxious around people but this is a great group of people.  Very chill.  It's going quite well, from my perspective.  There will always be annoyances but they seem minimal. 

Wish you were here.  :)

Please keep this discussion civil. I have deleted one post and another which quoted it. I do not want to close the thread.

If you have any questions about what is acceptable please read Bob's Rules of The Forum

In particular # 2
  "Don’t ever attack, belittle or denigrate anyone. If you have something bad to say about someone, keep it to yourself. This includes politicians, police officers and the homeless. You can hate them if you want, but you don’t get to spread your hate here. "

frater secessus said:
I've met many cool people, petted (and been leaned on by) many awesome dogs, and peeked inside a...

I'm not cool but both my dog and cat are! Come visit! I'll be at the internet seminar tomorrow then going into Ehrenberg to get some packages.

I’m having a lovely time, the crowd is much bigger than last year, but the people are the same..... nice, kind and helpful!

I was getting my sledgehammer to unstick my TT steps and a gentleman came over and fixed my steps so they would never stick again.

If you aren’t finding wonderful people them move to another spot. Personally I have only met good folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headache said:
 I'm not cool but both my dog and cat are! Come visit! I'll be at the internet seminar tomorrow then going into Ehrenberg to get some packages.

I was heading your way today and got sidetracked.  I'll swing by tomorrow.  The upside of me sidetracking myself was I got to meet Blanch, who was genuine and bright and seemed to be  thriving in her fulltiming. I  think I have a lot to learn from her, and other good folks like her.     

I can't tell if the lifestyle brings out the best in people, or if the best people are attracted to it.  Both, I guess.

Hi everyone! I'm super excited about coming to my first year of the RTR, but as an introvert, of course a little anxious...and feel like a total newbie. I've been looking forward to meeting people and attending seminars for months, but unfortunately cannot camp with everyone this year...instead we are in town. I have a couple questions. Where exactly are the seminars held at in relation the the main camp sign on the road? Also, I have two boys (6 and 11), are they welcome to join as well, or are seminars considered adult only?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

I think well-behaved mammals of all kinds are welcome at the seminars. I saw a 2yo watching the orientation yesterday with big eyes...

frater secessus said:
I was heading your way today and got sidetracked.  I'll swing by tomorrow.  The upside of me sidetracking myself was I got to meet Blanch, who was genuine and bright and seemed to be  thriving in her fulltiming. I  think I have a lot to learn from her, and other good folks like her.     

I can't tell if the lifestyle brings out the best in people, or if the best people are attracted to it.  Both, I guess.

Blanch is the greatest. Smart, funny as hell and a joy to be around. I loved camping with her.

Cammalu said:
Blanch is the greatest. Smart, funny as hell and a joy to be around. I loved camping with her.

Am I dead? Can’t we camp together again? Say yes or I’ll steal that pirate vandweller flag!!!!

You better camp with us again!!!

Anyone still planning on coming to the RTR? I drove the place today with a couple of folks and big rig parking is still available near the RTRArtCamp. Drive towards the art camp and go deeper into the BLM land there. It looked like enough room for a dozen or so big rigs.

Sounds like it's gotten a bit too big already...
We're in an AZ state park this weekend on lake Havasu and are gonna skip RTR altogether.  I buzzed by the area last weekend and there seemed to be folks trying to setup alternate RTR camps?  One guy had a sign, cannot remember what it said but had RTR and some other stuff right off the road before it ended at the right turn. The loud music guy is gonna ruin it for all.  Like someone else posted, the camps may need different nomenclature. Perhaps they should be called generator and no generator areas only... pretty simple.  Then have a concert night in-between.

I agree. We are planning next year but if it’s loud with music forget it.

I could only go for the weekend, but I was camped down past the RTR Art camp. Plenty of space. Rigs are maybe 30 yds apart in general, and further if you want. I heard a faint hum of a generator now and then in the distance. If you don't want to be in the crowd you don't have to be. It's really not a big deal.

And at Bob's schedule briefing at 10am Saturday I would guess there were maybe 200 people? I didn't count, but there definitely weren't 2,000 people right there at that time. I don't doubt there are that many in the whole area, but it's not like a mob of 2,000 are all standing on top of each other.

Someone said the camp host said 3800 permits at the time but that includes the Boomers and PPI groups on either end of the RTR. All I know is that the number that showed up for the solar seminar was overwhelming. The internet seminar today will be too I bet.

Anna57 said:
I agree. We are planning next year but if it’s loud with music forget it.

If you camp at the main RTR site, you won't have loud music - just generators. There is rarely loud music in the Music camp. A lot of the noise stuff has been blown way out of proportion.

Cranky Nomad said:
If you camp at the main RTR site, you won't have loud music - just generators. There is rarely loud music in the Music camp. A lot of the noise stuff has been blown way out of proportion.

I’m looking for a rig so I can attend next RTR. My Honda Civic just isn’t big enough! Sounds like a good time out there!!!

Latest posts