RTR January 2012 is scheduled!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akrvbob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've set the time for RTR 2012 as January 10-24, 2012. There is info up now on both websites, but there are pictures on cheapgreenrvliving.com.<br>http://cheapgreenrvliving.com/Rendezvous.html<br><br>We had such a great time I hope as many of you as possible will join us. It won't be the same without you!!! If possible, will you spread the word to the different forums and groups you are on, the more the better!!<br><br>I have very limited internet access in the summer, so I will be very slow answering any questions, but I will answer them eventually. See ya there!!! Bob<br><br>

Welcome back Bob! Glad to see this!!!<div><br></div>

We encourage everyone to attend this. We had more fun doing nuthin.&nbsp; We look forward to seeing our 'old friends' again in January. Oh-don't forget the sunscreen!<br><br>Nelda and Jerry<br>Vancouver, Washington<br><br>

<FONT size=3>Be there or be square!</FONT><br><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<br><FONT size=3>I had more fun than anyone doin nuthin!</FONT><br><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<br><FONT size=3>(Remembers I owe Nelda an email...)</FONT><br>

Advice for those traveling from Californa: Grocerices are cheaper in Blythe, gas is cheaper in Arizona.&nbsp; So stock up on food before you leave california, then fill your tank when you get to arizona.&nbsp; Water can also be a problem, I have heard of a park in Blythe where you can fill for free, while in Quartzite you will probably have to pay.<br><br>I hope to see you all there again.<br><br><br>

blars said:
Advice for those traveling from Californa: Grocerices are cheaper in Blythe, gas is cheaper in Arizona.&nbsp; So stock up on food before you leave california, then fill your tank when you get to arizona.&nbsp; Water can also be a problem, I have heard of a park in Blythe where you can fill for free, while in Quartzite you will probably have to pay.<br><br>I hope to see you all there again.<br><br><br>
<div><br></div><div>Water was free at the Flying J in Ehrenberg when I was last there.</div><div>Dumps used to be, but not anymore.</div>

Actually, there is free water available at the gas station just south of where we'll all be. Love's I think it is.&nbsp; Also, the dump station east of town by the little thrift store charged us&nbsp; $5.00 to empty our holding tank. And of course there is free wi fi around town.<br><br>Nelda<br><br>

Nelda said:
Actually, there is free water available at the gas station just south of where we'll all be. Love's I think it is.&nbsp; Also, the dump station south of town by the little thrift store charged us&nbsp; $5.00 to empty our holding tank. And of course there is free wi fi around town.<br><br>Nelda<br><br>
<div><br></div><div>If you mean the Love's at the west end of Quartzsite, not anymore.</div>

Vonu, that's exactly where we all got water last January.&nbsp; It was just a faucet, on the east side of the gas pumps, right at the inside curbing.<br><br>Nelda<br><br>

Doubt we will be heading that direction this year, but ya never know. I just wanted to mention the little RV park on the west side of Bouse &nbsp;which I think was county or something. At any rate, they only ever charged us $3 to dump tanks and let us fill with potable water too. They were really nice to us there. Not exactly conveniently located near Q, but if you are near enough, it is a good deal.&nbsp;

They removed the handle from the faucet at the Loves near the end of RTR2011. I seem to remember it looking like some one had run into it and broken it. We, being the resourceful people that we are, tried to turn it on when someone in a love's uniform came over and chased us away. He said that they removed it on purpose. No water for you! I am not sure if it will be back next year.<br><br>Yay for RTR 2012!<br><br>Jenn, Johnny, and The Infamous Rain<br>http://hitekhomeless.net<br>

hitekhomeless said:
They removed the handle from the faucet at the Loves near the end of RTR2011. I seem to remember it looking like some one had run into it and broken it. We, being the resourceful people that we are, tried to turn it on when someone in a love's uniform came over and chased us away. He said that they removed it on purpose. No water for you! I am not sure if it will be back next year.<br><br>Yay for RTR 2012!<br><br>Jenn, Johnny, and The Infamous Rain<br>http://hitekhomeless.net<br>
<div><br></div><div>If you'd looked closer, you would have noticed that they also put caps on both of the spigots. &nbsp;That Love's has gone way downhill from when I spent all my night there in the van.</div>

RTR 2012 is to be my first... Is there any interested in a few movie nights... I would like to host a few movie nights and invite all over for a good classic movie and snacks on a at least 3 occasions during the stay at Quartzite... <br><br>Let Bob know and I will be more than happy to make this happen in my camp...<br><br><br>

Me at the moment I have a leak in a power steering hose... I think it would be great to gather all our mechanical knowledge, tools and resources to help those that need mechanical help while we are there... Brakes to tune ups we as a group can really make a difference togather, which I think this gathering is a good place to come togather and do this...<br><br>just saying I am willing to help out...<br><br><br>

Hi SoulRaven,<br>The movie nights sound like a winner to me! If I am in camp, I'll be there....<br>Last RTR there was some mechanicing going on...mostly in the area of solar systems getting installed...that is a great place to do that and some folks had come to the event with that in mind...<br>The previous year when folks had met up there was a lot of build help I am told...so....I think what you say can happen very easily.<br>Bri<br><br>

dragonflyinthesky said:
dragonflyinthesky said:
<P>
SoulRaven said:
RTR 2012 is to be my first... Is there any interested in a few movie nights... I would like to host a few movie nights and invite all over for a good classic movie and snacks on a at least 3 occasions during the stay at Quartzite... <BR><BR>Let Bob know and I will be more than happy to make this happen in my camp...<BR><BR><BR>
</P><P><B><FONT size=3>I will look for Zombieland to bring. Thats a classic if there ever was one.</FONT></B></P>

How exciting! Can't wait. It's the only thing that we have planned for the next 365 days...<br><br>Movie night could be cool. Most every night was campfire night last year.<br><br>

i'm down for movie night. it will be my first year at the RTR. this year i was in Quartzsite at the same time, but didn't find this site until about a month after it was over.<br>

Not this year - school's in session. Maybe next, cause DWs retiring from teaching.