Round 2.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotSmart

Reaction score
Time to hit the road again.  I am leaving on January 2nd.  As soon as I get out of the MRI.  I am not even waiting for the results.  I can get those on the computer.  

I have a trick knee.  The Dr thinks something is torn.  I am going to go somewhere warmer for the time being until this cold white stuff goes away.   When I am asked "How long", I just grin and shrug.   :cool:  

Straight West to Colorado, then I play it by the weather map.  

I should make it to RTR by the 6th.  No hurry this time.   :angel:

This map lets me see what the actual road conditions are like at a glance!

http://oss.weathershare.org/?Center...96875&Zoom=8&Layers=CCTV,traffic#.VoMXZ_krLIX

hahaha I just posted a link to that site the other day. that's a great site for road conditions. see you at RTR. highdesertranger

Pick me up some microbrews on your way through Colorado.

TMG51 said:
Pick me up some microbrews on your way through Colorado.

Little beers.   :huh:

DARN!  I missed Oktoberfest!   :(

Anything special?  Actually I can find many of them at the local Gerbs Market!

That's too far north for my comfort this time of year......

Drive careful and if the weather get's iffy , stop and wait it out.
No destination is worth your life ....or worse your rig ! ;)

GotSmart said:
This map lets me see what the actual road conditions are like at a glance!

http://oss.weathershare.org/?Center...96875&Zoom=8&Layers=CCTV,traffic#.VoMXZ_krLIX

This map is great if accurate!!! Just what I need, as I had been looking at long range forecasts city by city on a couple of possible routes. I'll still check the forecasts for places I plan to stop, but I'm extremely familiar with I-40 for most of the way, so if it is clear on my travel days, I'm in good shape.

I can't believe I missed this good resource with one of HDR's posts but I did.

WriterMs said:
This map is great if accurate!!!   Just what I need, as I had been looking at long range forecasts city by city on a couple of possible routes. I'll still check the forecasts for places I plan to stop, but I'm extremely familiar with I-40 for most of the way, so if it is clear on my travel days, I'm in good shape.

I can't believe I missed this good resource with one of HDR's posts but I did.

What I like about it is I just mouse over the cameras, and there is the road conditions for the next couple hundred miles, as well as for the next days journey.

the map is a compilation of the various state DOT maps. I used to have to go to each state individually but this site brings it all to one place. highdesertranger

Looking forward to meeting you, John!

Colorado? You stopping by? Ben and I are heading out the 7th. Not sure if it will be morning or evening, depends upon work. We plan to be in Q on the 8th regardless. It will just mean we drive much later into the night if we don't leave till evening. I look forward to catching up.

masterplumber said:
Colorado? You stopping by? Ben and I are heading out the 7th. Not sure if it will be morning or evening, depends upon work. We plan to be in Q on the 8th regardless. It will just mean we drive much later into the night if we don't leave till evening. I look forward to catching up.

Not this round.  I wanted to leave earlier, but the scheduling of the MRI held me back.  I wish I had someone to help me drive, but the cat is not cooperating...  I will see you guys in Q.

yeah, I have tried to teach my dog to drive, but with no thumbs it's been a challenge. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
yeah,  I have tried to teach my dog to drive,  but with no thumbs it's been a challenge.  highdesertranger

Isn't it hard to hold a gold pan without thumbs?  :huh:

Why does it appear as though many of the regular members know each other outside this forum?

I've never met any forum dwellers in person,,,,yet.
But there is this thing called RTR that might explain it.
Another is many of us fit into the birds of a feather category....

ACagedTraveller said:
Why does it appear as though many of the regular members know each other outside this forum?

Sometimes when the timing is right, you will see a member is passing through where you are.  A posting later, instant friends.   :D

RTR also helps.   :angel:

I met Masterplumber when passing through Colorado. I was able to sit and recover for a couple days in The Black Forest. I wish I could do it again, but timing is off this trip.

I spoke too soon.  Timing is off in my van, so I will be stopping by to visit and have a place I can unload without worrying about things walking off.   :D

It is a 1 minute repair, with 30 minutes of preparation to get to it!  :p

Tip for people driving older vans.   Do not over fill the gas tank!  The excess fluids in the lines throws  the computer off.    :blush: My mileage dropped to 9, now it is back up to 15.  

I am in Winslow right now.  Tomorrow I will make it to RTR!

:D :cool: :p