Reunions

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary68 said:
turn that pacemaker on high and go get you some gunny,make for a great last sentence in your obit

After much thought I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Gary68. Go out and take one for the team. We are all cheering for you [emoji38]

Several years,ago I drove my elderly Mom to her 60th high school reunion. Rented a new Avis car, had to tote along Mom's oxygen concentrator.
We did the event, Mom was one of three there for the 60th. The event was also for the 50th. A lot more of them!
We visited one of Mom's old family friends, who was 99 at that time! She was having mobility problems, but was still mentally sharp.
Mom and I had a great time. Two years later, Mom passed away.

DannyB1954 said:

I have not gone to any of my reunions. High school was not that much fun. Nothing for me to really go back to.

Great song! I did not realize Harry Chapin died in 1981? He was a good folk singer.

After 102 years, my HS just has an all class reunion. 

Never been to one.  No desire to bring up the non glory days of my youth.  I spent more time working than going to classes.  I was not a jock, so I did not matter.  Nobody I want to see there, just bad memories.  All the good ones happened out of school.

GotSmart said:
  Nobody I want to see there, just bad memories.  All the good ones happened out of school.

I can relate.

I hadn't heard 'Taxi' in years. Thanks.

I doubt I'll go, like most I made friends after high school and I don't want to make my entrance on a mobility scooter, call me vain I guess. No one there would have a clue why and I wouldn't want to explain.

Rob

Gunny said:
I hadn't heard 'Taxi' in years. Thanks.

I doubt I'll go, like most I made friends after high school and I don't want to make my entrance on a mobility scooter, call me vain I guess. No one there would have a clue why and I wouldn't want to explain.

Rob

I think you should do exactly what you want about this reunion.  Doesn't sound like you'd enjoy yourself so why go anyways.  If you need some entertainment that night wear a good Halloween mask and sit in your chair so you can see your neighbors reaction when they take too long of a look in your window when they pass by!  Free entertainment in the comfort of your own home...cain't beat it with a stick! :)

Jewellann

If you dont want to go, dont go. I totally understand the vanity angle. I gained a lot of weight after HS and didnt want to go to any reunions. Later, I got over caring about what others think of my body so I was able to go to reunions and enjoy them. 

But now, one of the high schools I went to is having an all class reunion weekend right when I have a Kentucky house boat vacation planned so I have to miss it and I  find that I am ok with that. I am pretty much in touch with all the folks from HS that I liked on Facebook. Even my old flame who dumped me and who it took me years to get over. Heh, we are so different now that I am grateful now that he dumped me then even though part of me will always love him.

I thought about going, I tried to remember anyone I've had contact with in the last 15 years and failed. I think me and the cat will stay home finish packing my stuff.

Thanks all for the replies.

Rob

You can always have a reunion right here , anytime !

I would like to see Bob or someone try to organize a gathering other than winter or summer. A meet up place in the middle where more members could show up. Might not be possible but it would be nice to meet some of the far-flung members.

Rob

The apartment may be a moot point, I just got a smart ass answer from the asst.manager and the manager is on the way down. And this is after I have taken my morning Xanax.

Rob

Gunny said:
The apartment may be a moot point, I just got a smart ass answer from the asst.manager and the manager is on the way down. And this is after I have taken my morning Xanax.

Rob

Nice feeling to know you can put your shit in your trailer and say sayonara if the manager is a dick.

Oh, and welcome back Queen, we missed you.

Rob

Nope

IMG_0163.JPG

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 13
Yup yup , you can escape on the scooter before anyone else arrives too !