Renogy Solar suitcase,Duracell Battery, Charger

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travelers Rest

Reaction score
[font=Biryani, sans-serif]Being shipped. Renogy 100 watt 12 volt Monocrystalline Solar Suitcase. Link below:[/font]
https://www.renogy.com/renogy-100-watt-12-volt-monocrystalline-foldable-solar-suitcase/

[font=Biryani, sans-serif] [/font][font=Biryani, sans-serif]The Battery. Not ordered yet. (Awaiting CRVL Forum approval :Dhttps://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sli27magmdc[/font][/SIZE]
[font=Biryani, sans-serif][size=large][font=Biryani, sans-serif]Batteries Plus in Tallahasse, $219.99. 10% off, when ordering on line. $198.00. Add core charge, $12.00. Plus Tallahassee tax, 7.5%. [/font][/font]

[font=Biryani, sans-serif][size=large][font=Biryani, sans-serif]I got a smart charger, BatterMINDer. For keeping it in good charge.[/font][/font][/size]

[font=Biryani, sans-serif][size=large][font=Biryani, sans-serif]Main reason buying it is I MUST have a fan blowing mere feet away from my face, so I can sleep. Will be shopping around for the Endless Breeze fan. Link: http://www.fantasticvent.com/fan-ta...d-alone-fans.html[/font][/SIZE][/font][/size]
[font=Biryani, sans-serif][size=large][font=Biryani, sans-serif] Low Amp Draw (1.2-2.6)[/font][/font]

[font=Biryani, sans-serif][size=large][font=Biryani, sans-serif]I'll be renting a Dodge Grand Caravan from Enterprise, for RTR 2018. And RTR 2019, RTR 2020 and so on. Also when I take the CT and park it in my brother's front yard in PCB. March  November for this: https://emeraldcoastcruizin.com/[/font][/SIZE][/font][/size]

[font=Biryani, sans-serif][size=large][font=Biryani, sans-serif]I like the 30 month Free Warranty Replacement. 92 amp hour. [/font][/font]

[font=Biryani, sans-serif][size=large][font=Biryani, sans-serif]What ya think, guys and gals?   :huh: [/font][/font][/size]
[font=Biryani, sans-serif][size=large][font=Biryani, sans-serif]    [/font][/font][/size]

Your AGM isn't great value, best is their FLA 6v GC *2 last much longer and double the capacity for less money.

Otherwise, if you have to go AGM, Odyssey, Northstar or Lifeline will last much longer. Probably pricier than that one though, so I'm not saying it's terrible, just not as robust for the money as I'd want, more of a "dual purpose" starter.

Battery Minder is a "maintainer" (trickle with a electronic stirrer) not a charger.

rvpopeye said:
Battery Minder is a "maintainer" (trickle with a electronic stirrer) not a charger.

Thanks rvpopeye ! It's been in the utility building a couple years (4 or 5 years), back in fishing days. I've got a regular charger, I'll take it with me for RTR instead. Use the trickler when it sit's in "my room" , at home.

I used to have one in my class A , I LOVED it !

John61CT said:
Your AGM isn't great value, best is their FLA 6v GC *2 last much longer and double the capacity for less money.

Otherwise, if you have to go AGM, Odyssey, Northstar or Lifeline will last much longer. Probably pricier than that one though, so I'm not saying it's terrible, just not as robust for the money as I'd want, more of a "dual purpose" starter.

Rather have the Lifeline, but 300 bucks. https://batteryguys.com/products/li...m_source=googlepla&variant=32270652804[/SIZE]
There is a dealer in Eastpoint, F,l I would pick it up at. 2 hour scenic drive along hwy. 98.

Now if it would last, for as little as I would use it, say at least 8-10 years. I have the battery trickle charger to keep it in check. I'd only use it in late Fall or Winter. Too d#m hot and humid for me in my area in Spring/Summer/early Fall.

[size=medium]2 6 volt's not for me. I'm barely PT'er. RTR's and 4-8 trips for me per year. 

Lifeline worth every penny, will last at least double the cycles, maybe 4-5 times well cared for.

Call the others for dealers closer to you, they're all three top notch.

John61CT said:
Lifeline worth every penny, will last at least double the cycles, maybe 4-5 times well cared for.

Been happy with mine. Yes, expensive, but so far so good. And $300 is a good price for that model.

John61CT said:

"maybe 4-5 times well cared for". The battery will most likely out live me then.    :(

Yes! 2 dealers in Panama City, Fl. Will see bro' (brother) 1st week in November :cool: , he's on West side of PCB. Will call them next week to see what there price is.

Note they are the only AGM with an equalization protocol.

IMO a significant advantage, should be done manually, if not monthly, at least regularly.

As with all AGM, should be charged at minimum current of .2C, .4 is better, i.e. 40A per 100AH.

at 14.4V, staying there until .05C trailing amps

John61CT said:
Note they are the only AGM with an equalization protocol.

IMO a significant advantage, should be done manually, if not monthly, at least regularly.

As with all AGM, should be charged at minimum current of .2C, .4 is better, i.e. 40A per 100AH.

at 14.4V, staying there until .05C trailing amps
From Lifeline's manual.
image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    204 KB · Views: 14
Wow I didn't realize it climbs from 15.5 so steeply!

Make sure to isolate any circuits with sensitive electonics, in the cold that's hella high

[ATTACH=full said:
15569[/ATTACH] John61CT pid='328690' dateline='1504745226']Wow I didn't realize it climbs from 15.5 so steeply!

Make sure to isolate any circuits with sensitive electonics, in the cold that's hella high

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]"Note they are the only AGM with an equalization protocol.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]IMO a significant advantage, should be done manually, if not monthly, at least regularly.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]As with all AGM, should be charged at minimum current of .2C, .4 is better, i.e. 40A per 100AH.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]at 14.4V, staying there until .05C trailing amps"

[/font]
Have to dumb this ^ down for me please. Simple englo.
My maintainer shows for flooded lead acid battery only. So, for sale on craigsl

Guess I should contact Lifeline and ask which type of charger/maintainer they recommend to use? This baby (the battery) will not be connected to any electrical device while being nursed (maintained) in "my room", until needed for camping.

Do ya'll have a suggestion for charger/maintainer for the Lifeline GPL-31T ?

Attachments

• resized-640-batteryminder.png
    resized-640-batteryminder.png
    868.6 KB · Views: 11
resized-640-batteryminder.pngI see AGM choice in photo. I'm getting tired. :s lol

Any who. Time for a new charger/maintainer for new battery. She will be called , " The Rock ".

Suggestions?  But will contact Lifeline and get there advice on one. Just like to hear from forum member's.

Attachments

• resized-640-batteryminder.png
    resized-640-batteryminder.png
    868.6 KB · Views: 5
Now that I've had 4 hours of sleep. I've searched "hither and yonder". Google searched:
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...1k1j33i160k1j33i22i29i30k1.GrEZkZAbgnw[/SIZE]

For personal reason's , that will not be mentioned on any forum, only at RTR. It does concern my back.
I've decided to go with something light weight. Any battery weighing over 50 lbs will develop problems with my back. So, motorcycle battery. Link below, Batteries plus. $89.99.
https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/slaa12=35c[/SIZE]

50 to 100 cycles at 100% discharge. 35 amp hours. 24.5 lbs. It will only be used for the Endless Breeze fan (3 amp draw on high), since I sleep less then than 5 hours per night, 15 amps for 1 night. This is for the minivan rental for RTR. 

Apology for above post ^ ^ ^ last night. I WAS NOT DRINKING. I was very tired. Thank you for the reply's. Hope to see ya'll at RTR 2018. 

Keep on smilin' (Wet Willie Band)

Travelers Rest said:
...I WAS NOT DRINKING...

Lol, the way you state that...is your Mom on this forum?!?

All silliness aside, sleep deprivation stinks most times. And the times it doesn't stink is usually some kind of Alice in Wunderland, down the rabbit hole, am I having an acid flashback time. Sleep good soon!

Sterling ProCharge Ultra and ProMariner Pronautic P are both adjustable to custom setpoints by the user.

Adaptable choosing other chemistries in future.

Go for as many amps as you can afford, they can derate if needed.

Latest posts