Ready to go again

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EscapeArtist

Reaction score
Hi folks! It's been a bit since I told you I was headed out on a "practice" run in my SUV. I camped 7 nights in WY and 1 in SD. 2 nights in my SUV, others in tent. I had a glorious time, the scenery was amazing, learned about bear boxes, etc. I stayed in National Forest Campgrounds for the most part as I was unsure how to find the free campsites. By the end of the trip I had explored enough to know what to look for. I would have loved to just checked my mail and headed back out, but...although it is quite small, sleeping in my SUV went well thanks to an aluminum cot I was given. Gear could be stuffed under. I plan to head out this weekend, but cannot go into the wild as I'd like, but will try some different techniques I continue to learn via mostly videos. Planning a test drive of a van I have spotted although I am a ways from being cut loose from the job obligation. 5 yrs 7 mo and 2 days...I do realize that a build will take time, so that's why I am shopping now. Thanks for the support on this forum

Aww.... GOOD for YOU!!! ;):)

Don't worry.. you can spend that 5+ years on all sorts of things... (I did. lol)
Heck, you may beat me for the "Longest to Launch" before it's all said and done!
Hopefully nothing will slow you down, and your schedule will come true!

Hey thanks! I'm sure I can fill the time constructively. The countdown continues!

I am 5 years, 9 months, 2 weeks and 3 days, so I understand, but I am practicing in my Nissan NV200 and going one day a week so that I can figure out what works and what doesn’t, what I like and what I thought i would like but don’t. I LOVE South Dakota and would have loved to be there again in this past summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk