Ready, Set, Go!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silurian

Reaction score
Hello all, My name is Carolyn....  (Yes,  ANOTHER Carolyn!) I finally decided to stop lurking and actually register.  Met some of you at the last RTR,  and after seeing your rigs and listening to all of the discussions, I purchased a Dodge high top van and have been fixing it to the best of my limited abilities since.  Nowhere near complete, but a good deal more convenient than the tent I was in since November.  It will be a work in progress for a very long time, but I'm having a blast and learning as I go.  I'll be making my way out west in another month or so,  summering in Montana,  then back to the East coast in the fall.  Hope to run into some of you along the way.  Happy Travels!

Welcome, glad you registered. All the best with your build, enjoy.:)

I was in Montana this past summer--very nice. Did two weeks in Billings and two weeks in Bozeman.

Lots of history, lots of scenery, lots of nice museums.

EDIT: If you're in Bozeman, make sure to visit Brutus and Bella at the Grizzly Encounter rescue. :)

Welcome Carolyn to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome, Carolyn!

I lived in Montana through the 90s and, in my opinion, you can't beat the state for summer boondocking or free campgrounds (yes, some of the older Forest Service campgrounds are free and there are some small cities with parks where you can stay for free for a short time).

I was there in my RV fulltiming in August and September of 2014, too.

I particularly like the valleys farther west than the "glitzy" ones like the Gallatin and the Madison. Philipsburg in the Flint Creek valley has lots of painted Victorian storefronts renovated but it is a welcoming down to earth place to visit.

Let me know if you have questions about particular places. If I've been there, I'll always give my opinion. LOL

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I will be around the Missoula area of Montana for most of July. Likely Colorado/Arizona on the way through in June. I will be posting in the van build threads for specifics cuz I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out!

Latest posts