Moving along

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambler23

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry I've been MIA since my first post. It's been almost a year since I went full time. Having a blast. My Dodge Caravan transmission went out at 165K which was a bummer and I got quoted at $2500 to fix.

I only paid $800 for it so I ditched it. Either way a years rent in a boring old apartment would've been alot more than $800, so I feel I got my money's worth.

On to the next chapter. I ditched the van and pulled the trigger on a 1995 Chevy Astro Custom Conversion Van. I pulled the seats out installed my bed and solar panel on roof and I'm off. So far I'm extremely satisfied with the purchase. It only has 50K miles surprisingly and the guy kept great maintenance detail including all receipts.

It's been about 2 months since I bought it and it feels like a hotel on wheels. V6 so great gas mileage. I'm going to be posting and being more active on Van Living Forum. I hope everyone is doing great and enjoying adventure! Below are some pictures. Pictures are pretty solar but I had the panel in the van and pulled it out when I needed. It is now mounted on roof rack using 2 U-bolts.

Attachments

• 20230307_100604.jpg
    20230307_100604.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230307_100511.jpg
    20230307_100511.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
Congratulations and your new(ish) home! Hope you enjoy many more happy days and nights in it and keep us up-to-date along the way.

On to the next chapter. I ditched the van and pulled the trigger on a 1995 Chevy Astro Custom Conversion Van. I pulled the seats out installed my bed and solar panel on roof and I'm off. So far I'm extremely satisfied with the purchase. It only has 50K miles surprisingly and the guy kept great maintenance detail including all receipts.
What a great van. Where did you find it? Marketplace, Craigslist, etc.?

There are a couple interesting threads here about the Astro, if you are interested.

What a great van. Where did you find it? Marketplace, Craigslist, etc.?

There are a couple interesting threads here about the Astro, if you are interested.
I actually found it on Offerup. There were a few other interested buyers from out of state. I got lucky I guess. I needed something quick because of the Caravan breaking down. Guess it was meant to be!

I didn't know about the Astro threads. How do I find them?

I owned 3 Astro's over time and loved them all. They are well built and are very large inside.