Question about the interior ceiling of my high top

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simpleliving

Reaction score
Finally the fun begins.... I've finished gutting my van, and have started building my home. <br><br>I've just finished insulating the inner side of the high top, and am not quite sure what to use for the finished ceiling. Besides paneling, what are some other ideas?<br><br>Thanks!

Paneling comes in many varieties, go shopping, you might find something you like more than plain white.

You could also go with carpet, the options are endless there.

You could always paint wood paneling too.

The bubble top on my rig is 1" thick and factory insulated. Do you have just a shell?

Hi Guys-- Thanks for the ideas.<br><br>Yeah, my shell was just an open piece of fiberglass. I insulated it with 1/2 foam with foil-type stuff on one side, and then a 1 inch layer of polyester batting over that. It's much quieter now, and really insulated. I just need to find a ceiling material now.<br><br>My challenge is that I'm not so handy, so I'm looking for something easily installed. The two things I'm thinking about are either some type of cloth that I can just glue to the batting, or bamboo. Home Depot has this reed/bamboo fencing that I could secure easily to the inner framework that might look really cool. I'm not sure.&nbsp;<br><br>I do want to stick to my eco-friendly theme of non-toxic materials, and thought the reed/bamboo look might be cool. Might be a mess, too...<br><br>Here are pics of the insulation. Sorry, they uploaded sideways... :/<br><br><br>

one thing that comes to mind is long not too thick metal that will bend and be anchored by the spring nature of metal flexing and pushing the material towards the roof.