Propane Setup - Making Progress, Cargo Trailer Build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadtripsAndCampfires

Reaction score
Cargo Trailer now has propane line from under to the new 3-way refrigerator inside.  A quick-release valve is installed for the heater or cooktop near the stainless steel counter they will sit on.  A quick release valve is also installed near the front door for bbq use or Camp Chef oven.  Two 20 lb. tanks on the tongue both with gages and a system that will draw from the second tank if the first runs dry and then the first can be disconnected and one can take it in the truck for fillup when next convenient.  The tanks are securely mounted to the tongue and we got one of those plastic white dual-tank covers in that have easy access from the top and help protect the tanks from weather.

No LP in the tanks yet because we have not yet got the vents and windows in.  They used their battery, electricity and propane to verify the new Dometic fridge worked as it should.

Little steps.  I'm eating beans for awhile.

I went a little extravagant because I'm building for convenience in old age.  I'm still young, only 66 but I plan on keeping this trailer for a long time.  All the work was done by a propane dealer who builds food truck setups and more so at least I feel safe and secure about it.

76 no opinons so far. Sometimes I wonder if something like installing propane tanks is just too much for this group and I should spend more time on Escapees. Here I feel like I'm not poor enough to be on this list, there I feel like I am too poor to be on their list (lots of big trucks and class A's and events that cost).

Sigh.

I'm just being honest here.

76 times. Wow.

Maybe I'm missing it, but, was there a question here?

Many keep a central build thread just to document what they're doing.

But starting a new thread for each step, if it looks like you know what you're doing, most will just grunt hmm, OK, and move on.

Looks good to me, but then I just scan, not parse and think about each bit.

RoadtripsAndCampfires said:
76 no opinons so far.  Sometimes I wonder if something like installing propane tanks is just too much for this group and I should spend more time on Escapees.  Here I feel like I'm not poor enough to be on this list, there I feel like I am too poor to be on their list (lots of big trucks and class A's and events that cost).

Sigh.

I'm just being honest here.

76 times.  Wow.

At the RTR you will see rigs from modified cars to Class A's and 5th wheels with slide outs. In another post you say with the mods you made that you will be eating beans for a while. It doesn't seem like you have too much money to be here. On some forums people kinda brag about how much they have, on other forums they brag about how little they have. I try to stay away from being a part of either discussion as it is all ego B.S one way or the other.  Just be you and don't worry about how you may compare to others as that is a futile endeavor. You will always have more than some. and less than others.

Gotta thank you for saying 66 is still young....just had that birthday this month!

me, i am easily wowed to comment when i see pictures...throw some snaps in and i will ooo and ahhh, with total sincerity