Privitization of BLM Land

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that is the case, Bob! I am so worried about this. It is your fault too because it never would have occurred to me that the desert might be a nice place to hang out until I started watching your videos.

akrvbob said:
There are strict rules about the disposal of public land and the process takes years. All the land that this bill will dispose of was pre-approved for disposal during the Clinton Administration, and then simply never disposed of. It will have no impact on us.

This particular issue is just more fear-mongering. But with the present situation with the Republicans in control, true danger can lie in the future but I hope it takes more than 4 years to dispose of the land and by then Trump could be gone. He's been so controversial it's hard to imagine him winning a second term.

Historically, the party that loses the white house wins the next two year election so I think it's nearly certain the Democrats will control the house and Senate in 2 years. That happened under Obamas first term, he was so controversial the Republicans took the legislature at mid-term, that's nearly a certainty for the Democrats in 2018.

I think it will take that long to go through the land disposal process. Chances are there will be multiple lawsuits that slow it down even more. The Justice Department is going to be constantly in court for the next 4 years!!

If we can hold them off for two years, I think we will be okay.

wont happen in the house, they've gerrymandered it to absurdity.

Crow said:
A group called Sportsmen's Access has an online petition against the disposal of public land.   Sign it here - http://sportsmensaccess.org/[/SIZE]

A phone call, letter, and/or email to your representative would be helpful too.  

The very last thing I did before my internet crashed was sign this.
akrvbob said:
There are strict rules about the disposal of public land and the process takes years. All the land that this bill will dispose of was pre-approved for disposal during the Clinton Administration, and then simply never disposed of. It will have no impact on us.

This particular issue is just more fear-mongering. But with the present situation with the Republicans in control, true danger can lie in the future but I hope it takes more than 4 years to dispose of the land and by then Trump could be gone. He's been so controversial it's hard to imagine him winning a second term.

Historically, the party that loses the white house wins the next two year election so I think it's nearly certain the Democrats will control the house and Senate in 2 years. That happened under Obamas first term, he was so controversial the Republicans took the legislature at mid-term, that's nearly a certainty for the Democrats in 2018.

I think it will take that long to go through the land disposal process. Chances are there will be multiple lawsuits that slow it down even more. The Justice Department is going to be constantly in court for the next 4 years!!

If we can hold them off for two years, I think we will be okay.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree it is local groups are pushing this. the big question is why? something to think about. highdesertranger

From my research, there is intrest in putting in a strip mine.  Something not allowed on public land.

Due to public outcry the bill to sell public lands is being withdrawn. :)

they probably realized it would make great land for some fema camps

Raven+Squid said:
You must be kidding right.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine and rainbows?! ;)

Come on --

just be happy that for today Blm land isn't going anywhere.

I like to be a mirror to the constant slag slung around the net.( which that post was not btw)

Complacency and its consequences is what drove that post.

Sorry.

If Slynne needed any help when we are in the vicinity, we would bend over backwards to help.

That goes for anybody and everybody here.

I wasn't kidding but will acknowledge that my particular bubble might skew my perception of my own influence on politics. My efforts probably dont matter as much as I think they do. However, things like the potential loss of free BLM camping, which would ruin at least part of my van dwelling dream, make me feel helpless. Doing something makes me feel less helpless as does fostering a belief that it does sometimes matter.

Bringing things like this to the attention of us who utalize it is definately the way to go. 

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.     Edmund Burke

slynne said:
I wasn't kidding but will acknowledge that my particular bubble might skew my perception of my own influence on politics. My efforts probably dont matter as much as I think they do. However, things like the potential loss of free BLM camping, which would ruin at least part of my van dwelling dream, make me feel helpless. Doing something makes me feel less helpless as does fostering a belief that it does sometimes matter.

Sorry, I was venting my frustration about the current scene.

It is pointless , divisive and rude of me (Squid).

I am done with poking a stick at people.

Crow said:
I'm sure some Republican legislators would oppose it as well.   I could be wrong but I'm thinking that this bill doesn't have much chance of getting out of the House.  But you are correct in saying we need to start campaigning against it.

OK, I was wrong.  It didn't even make it TO the House. :cool:  :D :p

I thank Rep Chaffetz for the withdrawal and wish him the best as he nurses that stub he drew back.

Chaffetz is one of the few I appreciate.