portable shower stalls

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now this is my idea of a great camp shower. Would be outrageously expensive, I'm sure, but gosh I'd love this on my truck!

This is from Andrew St Pierre White, who does serious overlanding around the globe!

KathyC said:
Now this is my idea of a great camp shower.  Would be outrageously expensive, I'm sure, but gosh I'd love this on my truck!

I can't find a price anywhere but I bet I could make one or something very similar.  Probably use stuff from here and a little imagination.  https://8020.net/

Motrukdriver said:

I can't find a price anywhere but I bet I could make one or something very similar.  Probably use stuff from here and a little imagination.  https://8020.net/

That is sweet.  It'll be better if it's home made.  If you make it, be sure to take pix and share how you did it.  I think others would want to do the same.

Hmm, if I were to build a shower I think I'd go with a tote plus some conduit to hold up the water bag.
A couple lengths of conduit with tapered ends to slid into eachother would keep it compact.
A clamp and hula hoop on top to hold a shower curtain and all the pieces could fit in the tote for storage.
If it breaks or blows away just build another one for a few bucks.
That said, I just used gym showers typically and when camping went with wet wipes, haha.

I been thinking about that mounted to the vehicle shower stall and I believe I have an idea that will work. If I was home I could draw it out on my cad system but that will have to wait till I get back. So in the meantime I was checking out shower curtains to put around it. Yes? No?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QHZQHM?psc=1

I like the weed sprayer idea from one of Bob's videos to use as a shower. I'm thinking a 5 gallon bucket with a gamma lid, some bulkhead fittings, a sink sprayer and a foot pump. That way you don't have to lift anything over your head. Just put 3 or so gallons of warm water in the bucket, screw on the lid, attach the sprayer and foot pump. Then just pump up the pressure enough to make the water spray with the foot pump and when the pressure drops you can just pump it a few times again.

I just purchased a potty/shower tent. It came with small sandbags which I figure won't do the trick in the kind of wind people are warning me I might expect in Quartzsite. I can't figure out how to weigh it down so it doesn't blow over. It doesn't have a floor and there is a small gap between the walls and the ground. I can envision the wind getting in there and dumping it over, even blowing it away. The stake ropes are the only place to attach anything. There are short stakes which I already know I need to replace with longer ones. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Mine has tie out spots at about the 4' high level that I have attached paracord to on occasion. I've tied it off straight out to the van, a close tree, basically anything I can find. I usually only have to tie it out in one direction - wherever the wind is coming from that day.

My shower tent is one of those pop-up kinds that tend to sway in the breeze so I've learned to set it up in a spot where I can find something to tie off to.

Almost There said:
Mine has tie out spots at about the 4' high level that I have attached paracord to on occasion. I've tied it off straight out to the van, a close tree, basically anything I can find. I usually only have to tie it out in one direction - wherever the wind is coming from that day.

My shower tent is one of those pop-up kinds that tend to sway in the breeze so I've learned to set it up in a spot where I can find something to tie off to.

Thanks! The tie outs for the stakes are up on the sides at the level of the top of the door. I'm thnking there is so much side left for the wind to "scoot" it or tip it over, ropes and all. It's the Green Elephant one, if anybody is interested in taking a look at it.  I won't have a car, will be tent camping, so unless I get lucky with a tree I won't have anything to tie it to. I'm  thinking about a couple of cement blocks, but have to be careful and considerate about how much stuff I have, as others will be hauiling it for me. All suggestions appreciated!

Mert,  4 of the tent stakes go through the loops at the bottom on the four corners.

Those ties out that you can see up at the top of the door are the ones you use to tie it off to something in a wind. I just found that it was easier and better to tie straight out rather than down to the ground.

One learns to get creative out here - I've tied the wind side to a windshield wiper, the side mirror, a fence post etc....whatever is available. You'll find something... :) 

Definitely don't be packing any concrete blocks... :D

rocks can be used for weights and there is no shortage of rocks. also instead of tying it down tight with ropes use a bungee at each tie point and tie your rope to this. this allows the tent, shower, or tarp give with the wind and return to it's original position without putting a lot of stress on the fabric. the cheesy stakes that come with most things won't work get some good ones. highdesertranger

Lowe's has 12" x 3/8" diameter galvanized spikes for 80 cents each. I'm sure Home Depot has the same.

^^^ that's what I use.

They're meant for eavestroughing work so they're fairly tough and with the nail head on them they have something I can get a grip on.

highdesertranger said:
rocks can be used for weights and there is no shortage of rocks.  also instead of tying it down tight with ropes use a bungee at each tie point and tie your rope to this.  this allows the tent,  shower,  or tarp give with the wind and return to it's original position without putting a lot of stress on the fabric.  the cheesy stakes that come with most things won't work get some good ones.  highdesertranger

I finally figured out using the bungee to allow flex.  For me, it still doesn't stay up in a high wind , but didn't tear the tag off of the shelter.

I've been using 12" carriage bolts (large 1/2" self tapping wood screw) with a plastic washer and ball bungie to hold down my tent for years. I use a battery operated inpact gun to drive them in and take them out. If you do have to drive them get a cheap dead blow hammer at Harbor Freight. Make sure you take off the ball bungie before you unscrew them or it will wrap it around the shaft of the screw.

Cool hack that!

How do you use the gun to get it out?

John61CT said:
Cool hack that!

How do you use the gun to get it out?
Hit the reverse button and pull the trigger it screws out if you tilt the socket and slightly pull up.

Here are a couple of shower ideas I found on pintrest, I keep trying to figure out how to do them!

be9aba27b46656546360befd0ab8190e.jpg