portable shower stalls

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CityWoman said:
**Dumb Question Alert**

I'm curious about these shower tents.  It's obvious that they would come in quite handy in more remote situations - but what about in campgrounds and other places where there are other people in close proximity all around you?  Do you actually get fully naked and shower in them (and where do you hang your clothes while doing so?) or do you wear some sort of bathing suit type garment and just rinse off?

Not a camper, so don't know how campers do stuff like this if surrounded by other campers, and just wondering if there are situations where these things would not be recommended.

/Dumb Questions

Personally when out camping in nature one needs to put a significant portion of the FALSE modesty back into the trunk................people don't camp in the rough to try and sneak peeks of someone trying to get clean and sweet smelling................an oderous camper is not a well liked camper.....
A naked one..................Oh well at least their clean! Most people don't care WHAT your doing in your shower tent...........

Almost There said:
Hey, better that I shower naked INSIDE the tent than some who just holler 'Getting naked behind my trailer'.... :D :D :p
Holler anyway...........great way to get someone to wash your back for you!

You was born naked..............if the Good Lord made clothes a requirement we would have all been born fully clothed!

I got the Green Elephant pop-up utility/shower tent from Amazon. I haven't had to fold it up yet, but am sure I will be terrible at it and then eventually be fine with it.

I like it! It's roomy enough even for a guy over six feet tall. It has lots of places to hang stuff, like a camp showerhead, off of. I wouldn't try to hang all that much, because it's still just a tall, light tent., but it did fine for my showerhead, shampoo bottle, and soap. Time will tell how durable the fabric is, but it doesn't feel disappointingly flimsy or delicate.

There's room enough to put a bucket at your feet without worrying about tripping over it, and it's not so tight at the top that you have to worry about banging into the sides.

It pops up immediately and virtually without your help and whether you like it or not, and I actually had a great time using it. I wouldn't have minded an endless bucket of hot water, but the tent, a battery-powered showerhead I was trying out for the first time, and a bucket of sun-warmed water made for a surprisingly nice shower. I had thought it would be really unpleasantly rushed and cramped, but I got a kick out of how nice it turned out to be.

The tent dried out pretty quickly. It has no bottom, so you might get muddy feet if you don't have slippers. But that's what helps it dry out quickly.

All in all, I suppose I couldn't be happier with it. It does what it's supposed to do, dries out quickly, is sturdy enough to hold a few things but don't go thinking you'll hang a dryer-load worth of stuff on it, and gives you enough room to move around both at the top and at the bottom. It closes up and stores nice and thin, too, and comes with a mesh bag and other things to put your shower and toiletry stuff in. I'd say I fully got my money's worth, unless time eventually proves me wrong somehow.