Popping fuses like popcorn

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beast said:
 . . . Fun fact about maxair fans: wire color scheme does not follow normal 12v circuit colors. What that means is: the black wire should not be attached to ground, and the white wire is not +12 volts. Indeed it is the wire scheme of an AC circuit where black is death and white is neutral. Upon switching my wires, my fan now works beautifully.  

There is no enforced color standard for 12V DC like there is for high voltage residential and commercial wiring.  The recommended color standard is black = hot, white = ground.  But some manufacturers use hot = red, ground = black.  Automotive (in the US) is any color but black = hot, black = ground.  Confusing.  My MaxxAir fan had a label on the black and white wires and polarity was explained in the installation instructions.

The big advantage for me is that I can leave my MaxxAir fan open during rain.

"I can leave my MaxxAir fan open during rain."
Except when the rain is carried by a strong wind, blowing the rain drops horizontally into the opening.
One time in Moriarty, NM, this happened to me, while parked, obviously.

One of the reasons I always try to park with the front of my van pointed north/northwest.

Brian when you are in the North by Northwest position do you ever see Cary Grant or Eva Marie Saint? highdesertranger

Haha, LOL. No, I remember them but never see them. Shoot, now I am going to have to watch the movie (again). I think I have it in my collection. I do get to see some great moonrises and sunrises sitting by the side door though.