Please give input on my electrical system design

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FALCON said:
They are Anderson Powerpoles. They work well for connecting (and disconnecting) wires together. The fridge came with a power supply wire. One end of that wire plugs into the fridge (with some kind of specific plug end), the other end has a male 12v cigarette lighter end. The Powerpoles allowed me to run my own wire from the battery to the fridge, and connect that wire to the fridge power supply cable.

if somebody did'nt want to buy the Powerpole connectors they could just unplug the 12 volt cord at the fridge.
Falcon , i take it you got your last electrical diagram oked? 
I mean it looks good to me but i dont know much about solar wiring.

Mobilesport said:
if somebody did'nt want to buy the Powerpole connectors they could just unplug the 12 volt cord at the fridge.
Falcon , i take it you got your last electrical diagram oked? 
I mean it looks good to me but i dont know much about solar wiring.

My reason for using the powerpoles was to wire the fridge directly to the battery instead of through a cig. lighter outlet.

I think the general consensus was that my diagram was ok.. There's not exactly any official Ok'er.

FALCON said:
My reason for using the powerpoles was to wire the fridge directly to the battery instead of through a cig. lighter outlet.

I think the general consensus was that my diagram was ok.. There's not exactly any official Ok'er.
I meant as a option somebody could cut off the ciggy plug and hardwire that end to the battery , the other end of the cord could just unplug from the fridge if they needed to remove the fridge.
Yeah , nice electrical diagram , thanks for posting.

Mobilesport said:
I meant as a option somebody could cut off the ciggy plug and hardwire that end to the battery , the other end of the cord could just unplug from the fridge if they needed to remove the fridge.
Yeah , nice electrical diagram , thanks for posting.

Oh, yes, that's right! In my case, the wire wasn't long enough to reach the battery :)

Thank You to all who participated in this thread. The final solution is easy to read and I will use it as my guide in my build. Thanks especially to Falcon who continued to redraw and share his schematic.