Panel Security?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Reaction score
I remember back when I was 8 or so, me and my bestie were walking down the neighborhood street and accidently busted a christmas bulb strung around a neighbor's tree. It shattered into a fantastic mini colorful explosion, so we took it upon ourselves to beat the hell out of all the remaining bulbs. Never even realized we were doing anything wrong by destroying this guy's property until he came out and started screaming at us. Stupid kids, never think... Dad made me work off the debt by doing whatever the dude told me to landscaping-wise until the neighbor was satisfied the debt was paid. Knowing my pop, he paid the dude first, the rest was just punishment, and rightly so.

I wanna just throw all my gear into my Outback and go. Want to put a panel up top. With the low roof, I'd be scared to death every time I hit a grocery store every two weeks that some 12 yr old kid is gonna take a ballbat to my panel just to see what happens, in any town, big or small. Don't ever see it mentioned... This ever a problem?

Panels are pretty rugged and resistant to stuff like heavy hail. So a 12y.o. would have to work hard to bust one. The average 8y.o. is no worry at all since they would probably be too short to even notice a panel on your roof.

Anything is possible but I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have a panel mounted and exposed on my cargo box and it has never been harmed while I've spent many hours inside stores.

Last edited:

Latest posts