OREGON '23...............Postcards from the Road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We live close to the Pacific ocean and took a trip to Maine. I get the whole "ocean is on the wrong side" thing i was so happy to see Maine but even more to be home where the ocean is on the right side.
I know it sounds weird but that is a real thing. Hubby laughed at me a tiny bit too.
Just think how confused you would be living on an Isand!

We have seen some wonderful campsites

View attachment 34157

Annie Creek Snow Park.............We were camped right there............The water was so cold......Too bad the van was overheating.....We couldn't enjoy Crater Lake ! ........and NO Cell Signal

The Rat mess is cleaned

View attachment 34159

Soap......water.....brush.......Rinse/Repeat and finally AIR compressor..............Still no chewed wires

We head to town this week to purchase additional relays/fuses......we may need the Radiator shop's engine computer to figure this one out

I need to bulletproof this engine for the Long Haul
What am I missing here? Water so cold...van overheating...would seem to be a marriage made in heaven. Unless you crack the engine block.
Details, details...

HiYa.............We'll start in Pahrump in October.............HOWA is out of the "build" Biz.......they will supply stuff..........sounds busy.....KEN is camping with us.........his health is failing......He was my right hand man at VanAid

Tomorrow it's forecast 100*......Tues 103*.............and Wed 100*.....Sweat Lodge ! Sisters Oregon

USPS finally delivered my equalizers for my springs I’m replacing on my trailer… today… Sunday…. I plan to head out toward the end of the week. I could head towards Sisters area… let me know if there’s a spot for me to join you for a couple…

That last camp was something special

Spring water.jpg

.......the spring water comes over 30 miles from the bottom of Crater lake

Cold water.jpg

And it's 42* COLD

sisters fire.jpg

We could use a little of that in Sisters today........With fires to the North and South the air quality has turned ugly

Cough cough...........see 'ya later

Thanks Ben. Unfortunately, things are not well at all.

I was never camping with my brother, he doesn't do that. I was however camping out in the parking lot of his apartment while he was in the hospital. Long story short, he is on a fair number of psych meds that keep him stable, lost his home health assistance which set them up for him, and messed them up pretty badly, landing him in the hospital. It is turning out though that he has something like dementia or TBI going on on top of his Asperger's and schizophrenia, and may not be able to return to his apartment, but have to go into assisted living. So I'll be back down in Anaheim by the 25th. Likely have to oversee his moving out, etc.

Last week the owner of the Washington property which is my summer headquarters, died. He's been sick for years - non-Hodgkins lymphoma - and it finally all caught up with him. He is my ex, and it has hit me pretty hard. I'll need to start moving out of there as well, he left it to his brother, who will sell it.

Currently staying on the property of another friend on the coast of Washington. Could this turn into a new summer headquarters? That's very much up in the air. But the weather is great, so that's good.

I am doing reasonably well, but needless to say, I will be very glad when all the immediacies are done.

Last edited:
Wow… big changes Jacque… sorry for your loss and the bit with your brother. Sounds like he’ll maybe get the help he needs with the assisted living situation…
I’ll be checking in with Captain Doug of pirate camp maybe this weekend… I’m in Kennewick now at my sons. 106 will be the high at 5pm… I’m looking a bit like Doug with shade cloths. And my shelter thing is making it possible to get maintenance items on my truck done. I’ve got more done in two weeks then I’d planned. Family day kinda day Friday… then head out early Saturday to find pirate camp. Note to self… wait til Oregon to fuel up… save about $25.

BLANCHE just checked in with more fire news......
Our favorite California campsite on HWY199 near the Redwoods is GONE

Smith River Complex Fire

That's Close by to Linda/Travelaround ?

Last edited:
BLANCHE just checked in with more fire news......
Our favorite California campsite on HWY199 near the Redwoods is GONE

Smith River Complex Fire

That's Close by to Linda/Travelaround ?
Just heard from Linda…Travelaround today. She dropped into the Chat about anything thread to tell us construction on a brand new house on her property is starting next week! She lives in a town called Happy Camp. Says next year after the project is done she will have space for two RV visitors. One with hookups and one without.

Well we're back to One-Pony show...................KEN's daughter and her boyfriend arrived weeks early for his "B'day"

They took command of the situation and decided to return to California and Home to "Pump-him-UP"

and BIG smiles from Ken that his baby girl is here............................

Clean the rig.......clean him up......TLC..........and away they're GONE !...................See Ya down the road Ken

Bye Ken, miss you by a day? Cross your fingers Doug. My phone is getting a new screen. I’m hear three weeks and it’s the day before I leave that it becomes inoperable. I need an anti drop app...

Bye Ken, miss you by a day? Cross your fingers Doug. My phone is getting a new screen. I’m hear three weeks and it’s the day before I leave that it becomes inoperable. I need an anti drop app...
Like one of the heavy duty wallets bikers have on a chain attached to their belts?

No doubt there must be a cell phone case that is on a similar chain. Tough guy look accessorizing 🏋️‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.