OFFICIAL CaravanOne Info (no chatter)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cbgenrich said:
By lurker, I mean someone inappropriate, in a creepy way. You know who you are.

Technically, you are redefining the term "lurker" to mean "creep." If you want to keep creeps out, just call them "creeps." However, I think you are edging dangerously close to "if I don't know you then you are a creep" territory. I believe that is contrary to the spirit Bob intended when he started these caravans. In his videos, he specifically says, many times, that people can just show up unannounced. Your attempt to vet people through a private Facebook group is the opposite of that.

Finally, you did not "start a Facebook revolt." Said revolt already existed. You apparently we're simply unaware of it. More and more people are walking up the the fact that Mark Zuckerberg will perpetrate any evil against his users, if he thinks it will help him wring yet another buck out of them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hi CB, first I want to apologize for not putting my Facebook concerns in the chatter thread. It was because I was responding to your post about Facebook. Perhaps a moderator can fix it and keep this thread for Caravan logistics. I'll switch my reply to the chatter thread later when I have time :)

AnFear said:
Hi CB, first I want to apologize for not putting my Facebook concerns in the chatter thread.

It’s true, this thread has become chattery. ? Thanks for caring.

How many people are their? I would love to join you!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

We're averaging around 25 people. We do expect more to join us in Ehrenberg. A few will be leaving.

Thank you! You are there today thru the 25th?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Yes, Ehrenburg thru the night of 12/25/18 is our plan.

Are y’all having fun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a thread started about CaravanOne not being where the schedule had originally said it would be. I understand the frustration.

I didn’t see that thread and wasn’t notified. That’s a problem, but it’s not my bad. I wasn’t notified. 

We need a clearly defined communication channel with notifications. Exactly one place people can go to find out things about CaravanOne, and be notified about new information without being overloaded with chatter.

This thread is that thing right now. You can read what’s been said and subscribe to the thread to be notified of new information.

It’s a flawed solution and I think nothing on CRVL’s caravan information directs people to read and subscribe to this thread. And it’s difficult to use and subscribe to and you have to have an account and so many other things.

This will keep happening. What’s the solution? Well defined and controlled communications. We all have Internet connected computers in our pockets. We can solve this problem. But it will take some effort to analyze and implement a highly effect solution and the commitment of CRVL to lead people to it.

PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE IN A DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS ON THIS NO CHATTER THREAD! Instead visit our OFFICIAL CaravanOne Chatter thread or drop your suggestions in the suggestion box.

Tuesday 12/18/18 (Please do not reply to this thread)

After the nice report about the potential Parker location we discussed the idea of staying in Ehrenburg and joining the Ehrenburg Campsite Cleanup 2 & New Years Party.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1940153782956967/?ti=icl

The idea is under consideration and could affect the time and place of CaravanOne.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: CaravanOne will NOT be in Parker, rather we will be at the Ehrenburg location shown on the CheapRVLiving.com website. This change of schedule allows us to participate in the Ehrenburg Cleanup 2 Party which is a massive but fun trash removal event going on there.

CaravanOne is participating in the Ehrenburg Cleanup 2 Party (at least the cleanup part).

It’s incumbent upon us to coordinate with the effort and work towards their objectives, consistent with their processes.

Liability waivers, safety, equipment, organization, cooperation - let’s get involved and stay involved - it’s our duty!

Stay tuned...

This will be kind of long and you may need to click through to the CRVL website to read it in its entirety.

Weather permitting, Rico and Lainie will be performing at the cleanup central location tonight, Wednesday 12/26 after the 5:00pm meeting. Other musicians are very much encouraged to step up and perform for the group as well. I will be providing the soundstage and possibly recording the event.

1) Seth has asked our group to focus on the small stuff. Find a fire ring or wash and remove the little stuff in there. 

VERY IMPORTANT - SAFETY FIRST - sturdy gloves, careful handling of bags and containers with sharp and often rusty trash, sign a waver form which states that you take personal responsibility for your own safety.

Deposit what you collect in bags at the road. A crew will pick it up and take it to the dumpster.

2) A gathering at the cleanup central location at 10:00 each morning is a place to "group-out" with others for some specific objective as well as to hear announcements. Similarly, you can just hang out at the dumpster at any time during the day to "group-out".

3) A gathering at the cleanup central location at 5:00 each afternoon for announcements and whatnot.

cbgenrich said:
It’s incumbent upon us to coordinate with the effort and work towards their objectives, consistent with their processes.

Oh man, I haven't encountered corporate-speak like that since I retired seven years ago.  :D :D :D

NEWS FLASH: The cleanup is not having a 10:00 OR 5:00 meeting tomorrow, Saturday.

Next meeting there? Sunday at 5:00? Not entirely sure right now.

We expect Randy to leave CaravanOne for a few days, he’ll meet back up with us when we get to Quartzsite.

He asked me to facillytate in his absence. See you all at 4:00pm today, 1/1/19. ?

Happy New Year‼️

Wow,, just wow

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Latest posts