OFFICIAL CaravanOne Chatter

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbgenrich

Reaction score
This thread is here for the chatter about CaravanOne. Say what you will.

-CB-

I wish you guys all the success in the world. If only there had been something like this caravan when I was a newbie. There is a chance you may come up with something that has some historical importance.

It may help to quote a conversation between my great uncle and grandfather, many years ago, when my grandfather was on a long, obsessive streak at trying to find the "right" church. He was telling the great uncle about his partial successes and frustrations in his project. After rolling his eyes for awhile, the great uncle finally said, "Harold, when you find the PERFECT church, don't join it!"

Enjoyed time with the Borrego Group was last there on Sunday (Not full time so far) Expect to return over coming days at  Yuma new location.
New friends, fun and quiet time , I feel better for it - how great is that! I learned what worked with my setup and what I would choose to change. Amazing trying to find lost items in a small place you had a few moments earlier.

All are welcome to come and join us.
Leaving Wednesday for the slabs

Windy out this morning.

I need someone to lend me 1000 watts AC for 5 minutes for my espresso machine. Anybody out there with a 1000 watt inverter or a generator to help a dude?

I wish I could be part of one of the caravans....maybe in the future when I retire.

I’m packing and leaving for Slab City today. Numerous errands along the way, including visiting a dump station.

I noticed a (probably real and free) full dump station at the rest area southwest of El Centro, maybe 5 miles past the exit you would likely otherwise take, then you can come back easily. 10 miles instead of 10 dollars. I’m going to try it.

If you're going to the Slabs via I-8 (rather than Ogilby Rd. to 78 to Brawley, etc.) and need to toss your trash, there are several dumpsters at the rest area a couple of miles west of Ogilby Road. There's also a water faucet.

OK, the rest area a few miles west of the El Centro exit, westbound, has the dump station locked out. So I went the short distance to the exit, headed eastbound, and checked that one. It was open for dump and water!

Thanks to the guys who helped me pack my stuff after that weird back issue yesterday. It got better slowly, maybe because of the Advil, and I was able to get some important chores done. 

In the night I developed a GI problem. That was way worse and was compounded by the still hurting back. Yowza. I’m so glad I was in my camper and not living out of my truck last night, and grateful that Randy was so helpful in getting my water pump working again. 

Both show how helpful it can be to have community!

Found it. Anyone else looking - make a right at the Lows sign and follow it to the end. Just before the berm. There's an Airstream trailer on the left. About a 1/4 mile past the GPS coordinates :)

Just about 10 miles past state line on I 10 at imperial sands duns rec area has dumpsters and pit toilet .