Northeast Gatherings

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I can get three to nine people (special use permit required for 10+) to agree to a time and date I can reserve a group of free campsites (sun and shade) in the Loyalsock State Forest 2 miles from Laporte, PA near the Loyalsock Creek off RT 154 a few miles from Worlds End State Park (free=entry, swimming beach, showers, and flush toilets).

The first annual SUMMER [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]NEVR ([/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]N[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]orth[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]E[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]ast [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]V[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]andweller [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]R[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]endezvous[/font]) will run from Wednesday until Monday morning all participants must register in person at Forest HQ on US220 near Laporte by Friday end of business day.

http://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateForests/FindAForest/Loyalsock/Pages/default.aspx/

http://docs.dcnr.pa.gov/cs/groups/public/documents/document/dcnr_20032812.pdf

http://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/FindAPark/WorldsEndStatePark/Pages/default.aspx

images

BigRockSpeaker said:
I did get in contact with  Sohi in Accord. He does not have a separate area for groups, but would just put us all in the same area. He would give us a discounted rate, but not as much  I had hoped for - $37 per night.  A bit too high...maybe "Sohi"?

Another place might be Chenango Valley State Park outside Binghamton, NY. My wife and I stayed there last year, during a dog agility competition, so I know there are groups that stay there, and the fee is relatively inexpensive for individuals....any interest?

I vote SoHi in Accord. Let's see if others are up to it, or are leaning more towards other areas. Thanks for checking on these!

So Hi looks nice, but a bit pricey for most budgets.

Last weekend, I spent a night in Gannett Hill Park, just west of Canandaigua Lake , I think the prettiest of the Finger Lakes.  Electric sites are just $20 a night, non-electric sites are $15, and are VERY nice:

Tent site:
Gannett Tent resize.JPG

Electric site, with my FiTIOH:
Gannett elec resize.jpg

I wouldn't mind going back there!

Here is the link for the brochure for Gannett Hill Park:  Ontario County Park at Gannett Hill

Attachments

• Gannett Tent resize.JPG
    Gannett Tent resize.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Gannett elec resize.jpg
    Gannett elec resize.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 6
I'll be travelling from Illinois to Massachusetts, probably in late August, but I could change the timing. I've made this trip a couple of times. I like to avoid the interstates, but that's not a must, and take US 6 until I get to NE Pennsylvania, then swing up through the Catskills and on into Massachusetts. But I'd be happy to vary the route if there were a meet-up to drop in on along the way.