No mistakes, no wrong turns

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skywater

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have finally followed my soul into the frightening and adventurous journey as a vanlifer. I have officially been on the road for a bit over a month now. 

My impetuous, unplanned beginning, has made the trip all the more challenging. 

I actually began planning a couple of years back, got sidetracked by a guy, and then really sidetracked when the city I was living in was devastated by Category 5 Hurricane Michael last year.  Attempting my beginning back in May, I made it from Florida to Colorado before realizing i needed surgery on my knee, and my 2 adored cats were too much for a minivan life.

Now, winter around the corner, having spent a month back in Colorado loving the scenery, I find myself in California.  Looking for work because my van needs fuel and my pockets need cash.

I am a bit of a loner, but am finding a yearning for some socialization with those that chose this lifestyle for more than to live and remain in the same city their whole life. Perhaps my tendency to isolate has removed me from opportunities to meet like minded individuals out here. Or maybe I'm not in the right places lol.

Anywho, hello everyone! Or perhaps, howdy ya'll! Florida girl born and raised. Though large portions of Florida do not actually fall victim to the southern drawl.

Welcome Skywater to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Welcome Skywater, from a fellow native Floridian who has escaped! I'm in KY right now, but heading back to home base in NC for a week or so before taking off again.

Good luck on your journey - Michael was a bear :/

Hi:

I'm a Florida girl born and raised, too. I find that when I am tired, my Southern accent kicks in. Otherwise, no accent. Weird, eh? Probably due to southern Alabama ancestors.

Hi there and welcome to the forum! I'm also in Cali at the Northern edge of it. Cold and rainy here today. I'd like some sunshine right about now but it is still early in the day. Hope you find what you need as far as work and income go.