Hello from Florida (right now)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seesa

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My wife and I retired 6 years ago. It was actually me that retired. The Company went through mergers/acquisitions, over 20 years. stressfull when you know duplicate staff needed to be reduced during those times. When my manager passed away from Pancreatic Cancer, I took it hard as he was younger then me. I bought a rig, and traveled for a year. Wife wanted a nest to stay, so we sold it and bought a double wide in Florida. I was not happy, so I bought an E250XLT, and built it out, ( not my first build ). Added toilet, fridge sink, jack-knife couch, solar, and some simple drawers. I drove around, meeting friends , and going to Quartzite and back. Anyway... I fell in October, leading to hip surgery. So I need to stay put for a while. I will be driving back to Illinois one more time, then the E250 needs to be sold. I tool the jacknife out, and packing it up. .. no spring chicken anymore...You are welcome to chat, as I am leaving the site up. Thanks

When I was young I thought about retiring to Florida. Then I found out it was like LA with really angry weather.

I had my first replacement surgery about 21 years ago. Retirement is kinda like still being employed but with a lot more honeydews.

"LA with really angry weather", yup. Exterior entry doors open outward for a reason.

Recently. I was watching a European TV show centered on a location on the North Sea, and noticed that even the entry doors to apartments inside of a building opened outward. That brought back a memory of Florida and its weather.