"Newcomers "

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meme

Reaction score
Hi y'all :rolleyes: Hope everyone is doing well... I've been trying to use this site a little while & find it a little difficult to use. Part of problem is I'm using a cell phone is all at the moment, I'm sure. Then I was asked (politely) to introduce myself in the Newcomer area (which I thought I had done- I just looked at it today & it looks 'ok'), was going to add a pic but couldn't  (not that it's important), but couldn't. Maybe I can be seen now, the way I'm supposed to be?  If someone would pleeZe let me know if you can see me now, I'd really appreciate it!!  :heart:

So, now that I gotcha, is that enough info, the way it's done here? I'm way at the beginning of this - do I just look around for answers? Geez, you know what I mean! I luv Bob's tons of information but, there's always something else you need to know. How are you today?

Hi meme and welcome!

If you are looking for information, of course try to find it yourself first. If no luck with the search engine here, I like to use the google to search this website. Ignore the quotations and in the google search bar type "site:cheaprvliving.com search terms here". If still no luck, then post your question in the appropriate subforum and hopefully someone will be along shortly to try and help. Here's a link that explains some of googles search operators.

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?hl=en

Just browsing through various subforums here(time permitting), can be great. You'll learn things and get neat ideas you didn't even know you wanted to know!

Best of luck to you and remember to stay calm and breathe deep lol. The beginning of this journey for me was and still is overwhelming at times. But for me, the payoff is worth every new wrinkle and gray hair. :cool:

Welcome meme to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome aboard !
I predict that every hour you spend here you will learn something new . :idea:

Wabbit said:
Hi meme and welcome!

If you are looking for information, of course try to find it yourself first. If no luck with the search engine here, I like to use the google to search this website. Ignore the quotations and in the google search bar type  "site:cheaprvliving.com search terms here". If still no luck, then post your question in the appropriate subforum and hopefully someone will be along shortly to try and help. Here's a link that explains some of googles search operators.

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?hl=en

Just browsing through various subforums here(time permitting), can be great. You'll learn things and get neat ideas you didn't even know you wanted to know!

Best of luck to you and remember to stay calm and breathe deep lol. The beginning of this journey for me was and still is overwhelming at times. But for me, the payoff is worth every new wrinkle and gray hair. :cool:
I have ENUF gray hair & wrinkles,  thank ya very much  ?

Hi meme,

Welcome!

I use my phone (Samsung S7) almost exclusively for this forum. It is challenging because this site is not too mobile-browser friendly, but doable. Sometimes I use the app TapaTalk. Some find it easier to use when in this forum via their smart phone. You might want to try it and see if that works better for you. It's a free download.

Suanne

Welcome and be warned : some of us can be pretty silly.

Also, there is a wealth of information and helpful people. 

Pat

Welcome meme. Good on ya for figuring out how to get in. I'm new & use phone here, too. It gets better. About navigating, I can't tell you what my phone misses (!) but -

1. To Copy/paste important info into a separate gmail msg to myself helps until I learn to navigate better or grow tiny fingers. It is so easy to lose drafts, screens, etc. while learning CRVL by phone. I'd rather watch an eclipse backwards through a pinhole!

2. Reading directions plus asking Moderators and other knowledgeable users has helped a lot.

3. The CRVL program /code works well, has great depth and interconnectivity. Navigating it with 1 finger, 1 narrow visible screen at a time, with a throttled internet connection (a whole nother ball o' wax! Everyone wants unlimited data - see the Forum posts about that!) - those phone factors are what produce new gray hairs, not CRVL. "T.E.D.I.O.U.S. work" does not adequately describe nav'ing by phone. Wish list: laptop and/or more, suitable to van life.

4. Everyone has preferences, imo on a phone it's easiest to allow some of my own info to be saved (Gasp! Don't tell anyone!) so I can keep the main Forums page (my most often used page) on the main phone screen as an icon, then get there with one jab of the middle finger.

5. "Control Panel Users CP" is probably another good starting page, if your phone doesn't do what mine does. I have not defeated the configuration yet so CP merges with New and deactivates it. I'm consulting the Moderator on it.​

6. Read and ask away! As  Ed Mc Mahon (RIP) said about the Publishers Clearinghouse MultiMillion Dollar Sweepstakes, "You can't win if you don't enter!"

Maybe more CRVL readers will share their phone workarounds here. 

Vanna White

meme said:
I have ENUF gray hair & wrinkles,  thank ya very much  ?

I hope my comments didn't offend you, they weren't meant to. The gray hairs and wrinkles mentioned were only describing me and my experience. I apologize if my phrasing came off as anything other than trying to be helpful\supportive. I hope you have a wonderful time and best of luck with everything.

I'm with you! On using my cell phone to.
I found it a tad bit confusing also!?
I also was asked politely to go to the "newbee site"
Well I'm now following you! Perhaps we can learn together!?

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

Hi peeps, the Newcomers Corner is just a place to introduce yourself and share whatever you're comfortable sharing in that intro. After that, post questions in the appropriate subforum for your best chance of a good answer. Some folks just visit specific subforums here and would not see your question if it was posted in a subforum that might not be the best subforum to post in. Hopefully that helps clarify. Here's the link to all the subforums...

https://vanlivingforum.com/

Trying to navigate all this on a phone sounds like an eye strainer! I do it on my 7" cheapo tablet and trying to type on the screen keyboard is a frustrating experience at times! Best of luck!

MamamiaI'm with you! On using my cell phone to.
I found it a tad bit confusing also!?
I also was asked politely to go to the "newbee site"
Well I'm now following you! Perhaps we can learn together!?

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

Hi Mama ?  lemme know if you get this...

Wabbit said:
Hi peeps, the Newcomers Corner is just a place to introduce yourself and share whatever you're comfortable sharing in that intro. After that, post questions in the appropriate subforum for your best chance of a good answer. Some folks just visit specific subforums here and would not see your question if it was posted in a subforum that might not be the best subforum to post in. Hopefully that helps clarify. Here's the link to all the subforums...

https://vanlivingforum.com/

Trying to navigate all this on a phone sounds like an eye strainer! I do it on my 7" cheapo tablet and trying to type on the screen keyboard is a frustrating experience at times! Best of luck!

Hi Wabbit - eye strain fer sure! My tablet died after laptop, ugh.

No offense to the guys but it's sure nice to hear from some ladies!

How ya doin my Dear?

Wabbit said:
I hope my comments didn't offend you, they weren't meant to. The gray hairs and wrinkles mentioned were only describing me and my experience. I apologize if my phrasing came off as anything other than trying to be helpful\supportive. I hope you have a wonderful time and best of luck with everything.

You mean the gray hair, etc? Noo. I'm not that sensitive! A box from Walgreens & I'm fine.  LOL!