Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CollyChamp

Reaction score
Hey everyone,  call me Colly.
Finally decided to start looking for a van!  I'm in college and plan on working temporary jobs at various excavation sites throughout North America after graduation.  As such I won't have much need for an apartment and think this will be a great living situation for me.  As I said I am currently looking for a van.  I plan on doing all the conversion work myself so I look forward to picking your brains as I work my way through this.  I don't plan on completing the project and moving into the van until summer of 2019.
It's a pleasure to be here.

Welcome Colly to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

Below are a couple sites in my Signature Line.  The first link is to my website that shows how I set mine up basic and simple.  It isn't insulated as shown but you could do that if you wanted.   If you are young....you may not really need a high top.  An extended may be nice for that little extra room.

If you need tools,  there are plenty of places where you could pick them up inexpensively.  Retail stores such as Harbor Freight may have just what you need that would get you through finishing out your rig.  If not Harbor....you may find some "Tool" Pawn Shops or even lawn sales.   Some simple hand tools,  an electric drill, saber saw, circle saw,  saw horses made from used 2X4's and boxes of screws would help you put down a plywood floor on top of the metal floor.   Then used carpet from a Carpet Store may cover all of that from the front seats to the rear doors. 

Then with only a bed and a kitchen cabinet which has at the top a 2 burner propane stove and a sink basin  you will have most of your needs met.  A 5 gallon Jeep Jug of water, and a 36 to 42 quart Ice Chest would get you on the road for starters.

So whatever you choose to do,  I'll wish you all the best and happy travels. 

Ps  the other site below it is for planning a trip or using once you are on the road.

Welcome aboard !
I've done the jobsite camping gig.
Best commute ever !
Break runs for ice and??
You might even pick up a little extra in the pay envelope for night security.........