Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevC

Reaction score
Just a little note to say hi, I'm new to forums so bear with me if I stumble around for a bit. id like to get to know some of you as I will  going to the Winter RTR and look forward to meeting some of you in person.

Welcome Rev!

Tell us about yourself, about your ride, about your plans........

Pictures too! We all want pictures!!!

Dave

Welcome to the CRVL forums, RevC!

We are very understanding with regards to the newbies stumbling around the forums andthe RTR. See you there!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL Forum   :) 

You'll do just fine here.  Lurk, Read, and Absorb.  Everything you'll need is here and within a month or so you will
have probably figured out what might be right for you as a starting point.  You may only want to start out with
nice weather week ends in a State or National Park,  or short distance road trips to see things that interest you
where you sleep a night or two in your vehicle and fix a meal or two when in an overnight camp.  Those are the easiest ways to get your feet wet.  Even if you don't have a vehicle set up as an RV of some kind,  I've seen people traveling in Honda Civics and using a Pup Tent to sleep in.   It doesn't really take much.  You may only
use a Sterno Stove and a Boy Scout Mess Kit to heat up a can of beef stew or Chili for your dinner.   It's all about
taking some first steps.  

I used to carry a small battery powered Short Wave Radio when traveling in my Van and it was a great feeling of connection with the world while sitting under the stars and listening to radio broadcast from all over the world. 
Those little radios can be found quite affordable, even used.   Library Books will help you learn to use one.

$_58.JPG

It is an inexpensive hobby that can add much to your view of the world around you and entertain you when by yourself. (much better than TV and AM/FM radio)   These also have AM & FM band Radio built into them too so you could get local news and weather reports.

What I'm outlining here is only one way to start.  There are so many more.

All the best !

Welcome aboard and hope all the info here doesn't overwhelm you.
Little bites is how you eat an elephant!

Ask as many questions as you want...........

RevC said:
Just a little note to say hi, I'm new to forums so bear with me if I stumble around for a bit. id like to get to know some of you as I will  going to the Winter RTR and look forward to meeting some of you in person.

Welcome!