Newbie Rver

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFreedomProject

Reaction score
My  name is Don. I'm from West Texas, for quite a while now, I've been wanting to hit the road as a fulltime rver. I've always had a nomad kind of spirit, and I really miss being out in nature from the many years I've spent in the US Army. I feel most at peace deep in the wilderness, or out in the desert. Ive been back and forth about what kind of rv to buy, and finally have made my decision. I decided to buy a cargo trailer and do the conversion myself, so I just went out 2 days ago and bought a 16ft enclosed cargo trailer. I'm thinking about buying alot of parts from an RV salvage yard, which will leave me more cash to spend on solar, batteries and a good inverter. I found this forum from watching a Bob Wells video, and I'm very excited to get my freedom project off and running.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Don and thank you for your service!

Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you here. Enjoy the wilderness.

Hi Don and welcome. Your plan sounds great. Best of luck on your build out!

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.