Newbie Introduction!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarmeCoolidge

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name's Carme and I'm starting my build to transition to car life.

I'll be starting out in the hatchback I own now, and will save for a Prius to do a build in.

I've been thinking about nomad life for years and I've had some practice with camping in my car so I'm finally breaking out of the cycle and getting out of sticks and bricks. My current lease ends next April, by then I'll be full time car living. I've already started the transition.

Look forward to discussing and brainstorming with everyone. See you laters :cool:

Welcome Carme to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome, Carme:

So smart to start with what you already have with a goal to upgrade after you've stashed savings away for awhile. If you do need a new item or two, try to get things that will transfer to the Prius.

Welcome to the forum Carme. You are smart to start now to get ready for an April move. My only advice which I wish I would’ve followed over the years is don’t spend money. The more you have squirreled away the better you’ll feel on the road. It is amazing to know how much more enjoyable the nomad life is when you’ve got a small some Tucked away for emergencies. I think that’s the best advice anyone can give someone starting out. Wish I had followed it myself. Have a great time planning and then doing. God bless The Nomads especially the newbies

Welcome to the CRVL Forum  :)

All the best with your car build.   I'd invite you to check out the links below.  Especially the first one on Van Conversion as there is a link at the top to build a high mileage "Bug-Out Car". 

The second liink is a portal of handy info you may want to check out.  It s an aid for planning a trip while at home or on the road and do a virtual preview.  Then there is the links portal which will make life safer, more comfortable, and more convenient.

By the way,  what kind of hatch back car do you have now ?