Newbie Here...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamo

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie here and am planning on going full time when the weather warms up a bit. I have an '85 Toyota 20' mini motorhome that I've been fixing up. She's about ready to go except for the exterior punch list that will have to wait until Spring. Hope to meet up with some of you on the road!

Jamo

Welcome, Jamo! Where are you starting off from? Your rig sounds sweet (I have a real soft spot for the Toyota motorhomes). Got pics?? :D

Jamo, welcome to you. It sounds like you'll fit right in to this forum and group.

Many people love those Toyota motorhomes, and have had great experience with them. I hope yours treats you well, too!

T.

yeah they have a good record, gas milage is awesome too, and not too expensive I saw a "toyota dolphin" in craigslist here for 3,500 and was really thinking about it but milage was over 180k.

Blue said:
yeah they have a good record, gas milage is awesome too, and not too expensive I saw a "toyota dolphin" in craigslist here for 3,500 and was really thinking about it but milage was over 180k.
Depending on the motor, 180k may not be an issue if it was well maintained. For example the 22r motor would regularly get 500k or more with regular maintenance.

View attachment 391
Unchained said:
Welcome, Jamo! Where are you starting off from? Your rig sounds sweet (I have a real soft spot for the Toyota motorhomes). Got pics?? :D

I'll be starting off from Northwest Montana near Glacier National Park. There's still a lot of snow here so I have to wait a bit before Spring breakup.

Here's some pics of the interior of my '85 Dolphin. I painted the whole interior because the old wood grain paneling looked terrible and was way too dark. Everything works, the engine has about 85,000 miles, the tires are three years old. I still have to re-coat the roof, change the oil, polish the exterior aluminum siding, and go through the systems. Too cold, though for any of that now.

View Looking Aft.jpg Cabover Bunk.jpg

Attachments

• View Looking Aft.jpg
    View Looking Aft.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Cabover Bunk.jpg
    Cabover Bunk.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 69
Hi Jamo

This is a great forum for Vandwellers and RV nuts like us!! :)

I really like how bright your interior paintjob turned out...nice work!!

We've had some good times in Montana, as our daughter just graduated from collage in Missoula, and we've spent some time camping up in Glacier and Kalispell. Lotsa neat old history in those regions.

Welcome to a great forum!!

Patrick from the Oregon Coast

Welcome Jamo! The paint really brightened up the interior. It looks like it's in great shape and should be prefect for living and traveling. Congratulations on finding such a nice little home!

Welcome. You did a nice job on the interior. Lovin every minute of it. I'll bet you're excited. :)

Welcome Jamo. Clearly you have a keen eye. What a pleasant interior you have created!

Sassy

Jamo, I also really like what the interior of your rig looks like. I have a 77 Toyota Chinook I'm getting together. It is all good mechanically but the interior is pretty yucky. Lots of work waiting to be done!

As a previous Toy-Moho owner I gotta say yours looks super. Mine was only a few years old when I got it, but I love the nice bright interior of yours.
Nice job.