Newbie cargo van to camper

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tlynnfreeb

Reaction score
I hope to change a 7 x 12 cargo trailer to a camper using the floor pant plan from a Tab 400.  What's the best way to keep the weight of my camper on the low-end and how do I figure out how to power my appliances ?

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

I know a guy who builds van furnishings out of that pink insulation board. Very light. He's got videos up but I can't find the link right now.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Tlynnfreeb said:
I hope to change a 7 x 12 cargo trailer to a camper using the floor pant plan from a Tab 400.  What's the best way to keep the weight of my camper on the low-end and how do I figure out how to power my appliances ?

Welcome Tlynnfreeb ! I have the same size CT. I too want to keep the gross weight to a minimum. But I'm not carpenter. I'm using milk crates (purchased from Big Lots store) as my kitchen counter/storage. I did however construct a decent bed platform. 

I haven't worked on is since it got hot, to me, since May. I hate the humidity here in the deep south. Bob share's his feeling's toward's what I endure every summer, here's the video link below, 6:50-7:30 (video timeline).

But watch the entire video. I had to watch it twice. The first time I watched it, I didn't hear a thing Bob said. I was just in awe of the scenery behind him and knowing how nice and cool and low humidity it was there. But I digress.

Welcome.
CT_re-sized_640.jpg

Attachments

• CT_re-sized_640.jpg
    CT_re-sized_640.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts