New Toad?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcal

Reaction score
This winter, we want a new toad. DH has vetoed a Jeep. He prefers to go with Ford because that is what our moho chassis is and he can take both vehicles into one dealer for service. The Ford Escape that we both love is not flat towable. What the hell was Ford thinking when they did that? The Edge is heavier than we want. Looking at the Focus hatchback. I am not impressed by the clearance, but it is comfortable. Anyone got experience with towing a Focus?

We went with a 2017 Ford F150 4x4 that is flat towable (even has a mode for that on the dash).  Too much toad for you though?

IGBT said:
We went with a 2017 Ford F150 4x4 that is flat towable (even has a mode for that on the dash).  Too much toad for you though?

DH is drooling over the Ranger that is supposed to be comibg out in 2018. I have not seen whether it will be towable or not, tho.

any rear wheel drive can be flat towed. they make driveshaft disconnects. highdesertranger

IGBT said:

Yes, I think that's a little too much toad for us.

Not sure what happened, but DH is talking about a jeep with a bit less reluctance. I am going to stay quite and let the idea simmer in the back of his mind.

Went looking abd DH found out he was going to lose 70% on the Fiesta as a trade in. Yes, that is what happens when you buy a new, low end car and trade it in 4 years later. Anyway, I think he has now determined to drive it until it has to be towed to the junk yard.

gcal said:
Went looking and DH found out he was going to lose 70% on the Fiesta as a trade in. Yes, that is what happens when you buy a new, low end car and trade it in 4 years later. Anyway, I think he has now determined to drive it until it has to be towed to the junk yard.