St. Louis MO - Tow Truck Service for BIGGER rigs and BUSES

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roobah

Reaction score
5-star service for BIG BOY's TOWING service vicinity of Pacific, Rolla, St. Louis MISSOURI -- here's their website: https://bigboystowing.com/

I didn't get mechanic work done, just had a tow done.  Here's my clip and paste review of the service I got from this tow place.

Posting here because I was WAY, WAY, WAY impressed the way the tow truck driver immediately started making calls to try to work me into their shop when the Chevy dealer started backpeddling at taking in my vehicle even though they had already agreed to do the work.  Tow driver did not leave me stranded in a bind and jumped in to ensure I'd be taken care of.  I didn't get my vehicle worked on at Big Boys, but can't recommend their tow service highly enough.  Maybe check out their ability to do bigger vehicle repairs?  

BY THE WAY -- Just a week after this happened, someone on the Facebook Skoolie Nation group asked what kind of cost they could expect to pay for getting their bus towed to a shop.... many people threw numbers out there, not unlike mine.  Since I'd just had this experience, I said "$175 to hook up, and $5/mile" --- that exact quote got me put in Facebook Jail for 30 days for violating the sexual offers restriction ---  :mad: (Talk about being taken out of context, and NOTHING I could do would reverse the decision!)

My Google review for Big Boys:

Towed my oversize vehicle a short distance to a dealer, who had already agreed to do work on my vehicle, but said I had to find my own tow service.  This was an insurance breakdown call, so all work was coordinated - flawlessly and quickly - through my insurance company.  Tow driver was careful with my oversize 1-ton cutaway truck, friendly, and communicated arrival time with me.  Upon taking my vehicle to the dealer for repairs (starter went out), dealer changed their mind about wanting to work on the vehicle, and didn't want to accept the vehicle, leaving me and the tow driver in a pinch as to what to do.  The tow driver immediately asked me for an okay to see if his boss thought they could fix it, then called Big Boys Tow to see if the repair was work they could do in their body shop, and if the dealer wouldn't take my truck, driver agreed to work it out the tow with my insurance company to tow to their shop a few miles away. It was approved for work at their shop pending a dealer decision.  Dealer reluctantly agreed to keep the vehicle because someone in the parts shop had already ordered parts for my truck and agreed to work on the vehicle.  The dealership repair was definitely not a good experience at any time my vehicle was there including cutting corners on the repair and overcharging because my vehicle was bigger than they wanted to work on (shoulda just taken my vehicle to Big Boys for this simple repair).  Conversely, my experience with Big Boys Towing was super smooth and the driver was way, way over accommodating in trying to help me with the glitch of the dealership not wanting to take the vehicle.  The tow driver went way out of his way to ensure I wouldn't end up in a pinch getting my vehicle dropped off at a location where it might not be worked on.  He didn't have to go above and beyond to essentially twist the arm of the dealer into working on my truck by suggesting the tow shop could do a better job fixing the vehicle than the actual dealership, and the tow driver was ready to take it elsewhere if needed.  Impressive help shines through that day and really made the questionable dealership not look so good on the spot.  I wont forget that the tow driver stuck around to help get my repair service secured and would definitely use Big Boys tow service any time.  Thank you. 10 Stars!

I just want to edit this and add:  ever since this whole "pandemic - unemployment pays more to stay at home - employee-safety means we can't help you - shorter business hours - everyone is on edge - can't get work done on time - we don't have enough employees to do the job - everything costs more because of the above" ... It was just refreshing to experience "normal and real customer service" for a few minutes.