New Here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi There,
I just found your forum and I am so excited to be here.  My husband and I bought a Chevy van and turned it into our camper.  We just got it finished and cant wait to take it on its maiden voyage.  I have been binge watching all of the awesome youtube videos on vandwelling.  One day I would love to be able to do it full time. Right now my son is a senior in high school so we are still pretty limited in our ability to travel, however, next year we will be empty-nesters and it will be game on.  I can't wait to hit the road.  Until then we will continue to learn all we can and take short trips here and there.  I am especially interested in going solar but I have a ton to learn! I am excited to get to know you all and I look forward to learning all I can.
~Jamie

Hi Jamie & Co., best of luck to you both and hope to hear of some adventures!

Be careful, those dreams might just become a reality, lol!  I have found the CRVL Forums to be most helpful, there is a tremendous variety of experience out there.  Just got my rig in May and hoping to catch my first RTR this winter.  Welcome to you!

Welcome to the CRVL forums Jamie! We love to see van builds so if you have any photos please post them! edit - I see you already posted them in the conversion section. Thanks!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you all so much!! I live in South Carolina and have only ever traveled around the Eastern states. My dream is to make it out west. It seems so many of the breathtaking photos I see come from places out there. I can't wait!!!!

Congratulations on getting your van done. Have fun on your maiden voyage!

I have the same issue only opposite location. I live in CO and have only seen the western states. When I visit Savannah over Thanksgiving it will be my first glimpse of the Atlantic ocean. I can't wait to explore east.

Best wishes on your adventures.

Dreaming_Big_SC said:
 My dream is to make it out west.  It seems so many of the breathtaking photos I see come from places out there.  I can't wait!!!!

Welcome. A must on everyone's "bookmarks bar" https://freecampsites.net/