New from Nashville just saying Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty Van Halen

Reaction score
Hello All!  Iv been reading this site for about 6 months but just now decided to register, i finally got my van!  Im not going full time until my condo lease is up, so for now im preparing the van.  im excited!  I can do this lifestyle!  

Im the kind of guy that likes to dip my toes in the water before i jump in, so iv been spending a night or two a week in the van to learn what i will need to change or improve.  I work a full time job, so  Iv been "practicing." Getting ready for work in the mornings was a concern but so far its going fine! 

Thanks to you fine folks and your excellent advice!

Welcome Matty to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome! Yes, you can do this. The beauty of this lifestyle is, ANYWHERE is home!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hi there, welcome to the forum! I used to own a van but now am waiting to own a new one. I'm happy to hear you just got yours.

Welcome Matty. I'm new, too. I'm planning on camping in southern Illinois once I get a topper (just got my pickup truck). I'll probably explore Kentucky & TN once I get rolling on this adventure. Maybe we can check out some dispersed campgrounds in that region together someday. Or just share info about spots we find. If you like nature camping, that is. I forgot that some here prefer urban camping.

Carla618 said:
I'll probably explore Kentucky & TN once I get rolling on this adventure.

Carla and Matty if we are around around stop by our place in Beaver Dam, KY. You are welcome to camp here a few days and I have a nice spot at my pond where you can camp. We are renovating a rental property down the road right now and it looks like we will be here another month.

You can PM me for directions and phone number.

c4222ef49765916280577c59f08d8f47.jpg

HI Matty
you will save wonderful money on giving up your condo lease!
Your home on wheels seems to fit you well. You sound like you have a good plan happening!

Matty Van Halen said:
Thank you all for the kind welcome. I’m new to the forum so I’m still learning how to make a reply. I will attempt to reply to you all in this one brief post. I will post a new thread in the “van“ category.  Where we can communicate. And yes I know exactly where Beaverdam is I cover that area as part of my territory for work! And also yes to the question about dispersed camping, I am for that. Even though I will mostly be doing city dwelling in the beginning.  OK so now I’m going to go post some pics of my van in the “van“ category 

Thank you all for the kind welcome. I’m new to the forum so I’m still learning how to make a reply. I will attempt to reply to you all in this one brief post. I will post a new thread in the “van“ category.  Where we can communicate.

yes I know exactly where Beaverdam is I cover that area as part of my territory for work! looks beautiful! And also yes to the question about dispersed camping, I am all for that! Even though I will mostly be doing city dwelling in the beginning.  OK so now I’m going to go post some pics of my van in the “van“ category  :)

Hideeho Matty!
Fellow van guy up north of a bit in Gallatin!

Our van build is in my signature below, and on Facebook as well...

Welcome to one of the best van forums out there!

We are prolly gonna do a promaster build very shortly, and I will have some express parts you may be interested in...?

Receiver rear hitch
Two roof rack rails
Do ya need new front seats?

I'll send you a pm with my direct contact info...

Welcome fellow Tennessessean!!

I was raised in Mid TN, Tullahoma, and lived in the White Bluff area prior to moving to AZ in '09.

I'm due to make a return trip soon.

Happy Travels!!!

Thanks Cammalu, That spot looks gorgeous. I hope to be in southern Illinois in a couple weeks (daughter has a baby due). I'll give ya a shout.

Hey! I'm down in Chattanooga and thinking about the possibility. Good to know there are folks close enough to talk me off the ledge, if I bite off too much!

Lamarr said:
Hey! I'm down in Chattanooga and thinking about the possibility. Good to know there are folks close enough to talk me off the ledge, if I bite off too much!

Hey
you are at the right place to learn valuable info. im soaking it all up. preparing to launch