New Fourmite old traveler

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berntout

Reaction score
I was sent this site by a good friend. Thank you forum guru for hosting this site.

Been on the road mostly full time since 2008 and have been traveling the I-10 corridor between Califorinia and Texas a lot over the years sleeping where ever I park along the way.... sometimes with friends or family. I am not wealthy money wise but rich with freedom and control of my life free of banksters.  I have learned a lot about freestyle RV travel and how to stay off the grid dry camping for extended periods of time. I have many favorite places I go and dry camp for free without one instance of being asked to leave....in 8 years!

I work in my profession part of the year and live in my 5th wheel camper 90% of the time. Sometimes I'm pay rent while working and manage to stay out of crowded RV Parks opting for private property spots I'm usually able to find close to my job.

For over 25 years have always seen lots of campers parked off I-10 around Quartzsite and always wanted to stop and see what was going on. Now I know there are a lot of like minded folks like myself.....I thought I was a freak loaner but am discovering that there are a lot of folks living like me or me like them!  :D.

If am looking forward to bumping into you all during our travels.

Welcome berntout to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome aboard Berntout !
There are so many of us loners out here that it's sometimes hard to be alone anymore.
(Well , still not THAT hard.)
You might share some of those parking spots with us ?
And any good places off the beaten path (I 10) , detours around cities etc..................

Welcome! if you still travel the I 10 corridor and go as far as near Houston, you robably park at the grocery store i work at in Columbus, we share the lot with Walmart

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

I think this site will be a real eye opener for you.   And welcome to a growing number of like minded folks here
I'll bet that with your experience you'll have a lot to share and fit in quite well. 

All the best !