New beginnings

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeLugton

Reaction score
Well just to update. I started my Boondocking life in January when I went to the RTR. I am living in my car and doing better than I expected. Met so many really nice people on this journey and am living my life now instead of trying to stay in a bad marriage. It's not always easy but I am happy.  Someday I will have a van. For now I can make do with my car. If I cando itt single at age 64 on very low budget anyone can.
Anyone else in a car?

Impressive. It bewilders me to know end how you folks can do this in a car. A van would be tough at first but seems doable.. a car just seems impossible. My only issue is sleeping. i suppose you rig up a bed in the back or along the passenger side/back vs simply sleeping with your front/drivers seat reclined. I can dose for a few hours in my recliner at home but have a hard time sleeping there for more than a few hours so a car seat reclined would be a deal breaker for me..

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :)

You'll be in good company here and find lots of support.   There are many men who have had to walk your
path around here.  They have survived and learned to prosper in this way of life.  I'm sure you'll be
meeting them here.

Hello and welcome!

Go for you, making the leap and doing what you needed to do to take care of yourself, I'm impressed with your attitude AND fortitude!

I can, at this point, only imagine that it is such a relief to be out of a bad marriage. Glad you made it out and are happy. You'll be an inspiration to many, me included at 62, looking at a lean retirement, but ready for me time after all of these years!

mco65 said:
Impressive.  It bewilders me to know end how you folks can do this in a car.  A van would be tough at first but seems doable.. a car just seems impossible. My only issue is sleeping. i suppose you rig up a bed in the back or along the passenger side/back vs simply sleeping with your front/drivers seat reclined.  I can dose for a few hours in my recliner at  home but have a hard time sleeping there for more than a few hours so a car seat reclined would be a deal breaker for me..

You will surprise yourself with what you can do when you have no choice but to do it.  The human spirit knows no bounds and is one of the most impressive things on earth.

Welcome aboard Dee !
Many here doing it like you .
Hope you get that van upgrade to luxury .....

Hi Deelugton, best wishes on your adventures.

Dee! Welcome to the CRVL forums! I'm glad the community has been a help and you've found that you're able to do more than just survive.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

I built a platform on the passenger side from front to back by taking out the seats. I have a 5 inch memory foam mattress.   mco65 said:
Impressive.  It bewilders me to know end how you folks can do this in a car.  A van would be tough at first but seems doable.. a car just seems impossible. My only issue is sleeping. i suppose you rig up a bed in the back or along the passenger side/back vs simply sleeping with your front/drivers seat reclined.  I can dose for a few hours in my recliner at  home but have a hard time sleeping there for more than a few hours so a car seat reclined would be a deal breaker for me..

Hi Dee. Wondered how things are going with your living. Love how you are adapting.

I like your style Dee! Never give up and follow your path as long as you are happy. I'll be in Ehrenberg in December and will be living out of my Ford Escape. Although, I'll be cheating a bit, as far as car living goes- because, I'll be sleeping in a roof tent. I respect your ingenuity in respects to taking out the front and back passenger seats and having a sweet 5 inch memory foam bed. When there's a will there's a way! Are you the same person that was in Bob's youtube video? If so, I really enjoyed watching it.

I just checked Bob's youtube channel and realized that the person being interviewed is named Dee. So, my powers of deduction would lead me to believe it's you lol. Holy smokes, I'm a genius. Not quite. HAHA. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that you seem like a lovely person. And, that I truly appreciate how self sufficient and determined you are. You have my respect. And, I am sure that many others feel the same way I do. Sending good karma your way!

Best regards- Johnny