New and starting to panic

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sailor said:
An update to the update...  My Jeep Cherokee/home on wheels crapped out today in the parking lot of a state park. Had to have it towed. I'm pretty sure it's something electrical but I'm waiting to hear back from the mechanic to know for sure. If it's something major, I'm not going to be able to afford to have it fixed...definitely can't afford something else. Feeling pretty devastated right now.

Thinking of you. Keep us posted. There are some awfully bright people around here, who are always coming up with amazing solutions, so stay in touch, and very best of luck with your mechanical issues.

It is quite common for communities to have some sort of emergency funding mechanism, sometimes Church associated. You'll likely need to get yourself into a shelter. So long as you don't drink (and don't start!) the Staff should be respectful and friendly.

Sailor said:
Hi drysailor! Thanks to this forum and the awesome people here, I'm doing pretty well. It's been a bit of an adjustment but I'm figuring things out as I go. I'm hoping to get to a point where I can afford a larger vehicle. If that were to happen, I could see myself doing this for quite awhile. I know my friends don't understand it but there's a lot to be said for this kind of lifestyle. Thanks for checking in on me :)
Where are you located Sailor? There may be other forum members nearby who can offer help or more accurate advice.

We are hoping for the best Sailor. Please let us know. It's always possible that someone "here" could be in your area and be willing to help. I KNOW it's hard to ask. I've been where you are. Sept 19, 1997 on the street literally overnight. Nothing but $30 in the bank and my Toyota Hilux (small pickup) to shelter my 6'1' frame.

Stay strong. Stay focused.

Latest posts