Need advice

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cford151

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to Arizona in March. Would it be better to rent a van and camp,or rent a small RV. I am new at this a d trying to spread my wings

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Also I will flying into Arizona from the South.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

An RV all you would have to do is throw in clothes and food/water. A van will require you to furnish whatever you think you will need. RV=expensive but easy. Van=cheap but a lot more work. Only you can decide what is the best choice for you.

There are small camper vans for rent. That will give you a sink, fridge, toilet and a bed. It is a compromise between a small motorhome and a basic van.

But if you have a tight budget just go for a basic van and then do the 5 gallon bucket and camping pads for a bed setup. I did 3 week long camping trip in France in a small rental car. I managed with a tent, sleeping bag, self inflating camping pads and a small inverter that plugs into the car 12v socket. It does not require much gear to have fun. I did not have a stove and I did not even get an ice chest . But I did get a knife fork and spoon at the grocery store and paper plates, bowls, cups and some trash bags. Having gone car camping for more than 30 years at that point in time I knew how to be minimal but comfortable.

Small rv if the money is not a problem. To me they are small houses that let you live anywhere you stop. Vans are not all that great unless you have to stealth park, you will notice many of the youtubers eventually swap their vans out for rvs. Go for the smallest rv you can comfortably live in. Many rv parks and campgrounds will not allow vans in rv sites.

if finances allow rent a small class C
all ya need
but a lot depends on how you do want to camp. tent lover? need a second vehicle to drive or is the small class C all ya need at any time? just know what you want before ya jump :) you got this

Of course with an RV if you have not used one before you have a bunch of stuff to learn right off the bat such as the propane appliances, shutting off the gas, starting it back up. Learning to use the switch for the pump for kitchen and bath water, turning the water heater off and on. Dumping the tanks before you return the unit if they require that. It is not just a turn the key and drive away situation if you are not used to the way the RVs are set up.

An Rv is like riding a bicycle, a steep learning curve but will stick with you. A class B is a van with RV amenities and can park anywhere a van can. Class C's are a lot wider.

Rvshare.com is a site you can go to to rent a private RV or if you have one you can make some cash renting out your RV.

Huh. Now that I look at it, it appears they are all in Ca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk