Need a 250A +- Recommendations?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobOfYork

Reaction score
It looks like I got scammed by DALY. The BMS I ordered never came. All I get from them for the last few months is to be patient.

Where can I buy a 250A or 300A BMS for a 12 volt LiFePo 4 battery that won't take forever to be delivered?

What brands and suppliers has everyone been happy with?

Feeling frustrated.

BMS options seem to be slim pickings here stateside.
I ended up buying one on Ebay but only a 100A model.
This is the guy I bought from, good experience with him. Didn't see quite what you're looking for but you could message him.
https://www.ebay.com/usr/srikobatteries

Were you buying direct from Daly or on AliExpress or something?
AliExpress you may be able to open a ticket for item not received.

If you plan on using with solar get a chargery bms8t, its what I use on my 4s 220ah lifepo4 batterybank. It uses relays to stop the charge, so if you have a 500amp relay, it will handle 500 amps, I use a small 4 dollar 30 amp automotive relay on my system. Been using mine for the past 2 years and has worked great, doesnt produce voltage surges when the bms activates like the mosfet based bms cause.
Its not a small bms, its the control unit which goes next to the battery, and the LCD unit and also the shunt which depending on the size is a large heavy item, and then you have the relays (which you have supply to yourself) they take up space too. The chargery bms is not something you can hold in one hand.
But its the only bms I recommend for use with solar, and I tried many bms.
You have to order from aliexpress, they use to sell on ebay but not lately. When I ordered on ebay it came from china in about 2 weeks.

chargery bms8t.jpg

Attachments

• chargery bms8t.jpg
    chargery bms8t.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 3
Sofisintown said:
Go to Will's forum to find out.
They will recommend the right BMS and where to get it.
They know a lot more than we do here.

https://diysolarforum.com/members/will-prowse.1/

Just be aware that Overkill Solar seems to be in some kind of bad place right now.

The owner posted an open apology for no customer service and no inventory.

Many complaints are popping up about no response to warranty requests on different forums including wills forum.

Some are reporting getting used BMS or faulty ones.   Sad.

You could use an Electrodacus BMS with an external shunt. He is in Canada and is an awesome guy.

ldsreliance said:
You could use an Electrodacus BMS with an external shunt.  He is in Canada and is an awesome guy.
Have been trying to understand this one. It does look promising. I see how it will auto shut down your inverter and I like that.

Not understanding how it shuts off any over charging though.

jonyjoe303 said:
If you plan on using with solar get a chargery bms8t, its what I use on my 4s 220ah lifepo4 batterybank. It uses relays to stop the charge, so if you have a 500amp relay, it will handle 500 amps, I use a small 4 dollar 30 amp automotive relay on my system. Been using mine for the past 2 years and has worked great, doesnt produce voltage surges when the bms activates like the mosfet based bms cause.
Its not a small bms, its the control unit which goes next to the battery, and the LCD unit and also the shunt which depending on the size is a large heavy item, and then you have the relays (which you have supply to yourself) they take up space too. The chargery bms is not something you can hold in one hand.
But its the only bms I recommend for use with solar, and I tried many bms.
You have to order from aliexpress, they use to sell on ebay but not lately. When I ordered on ebay it came from china in about 2 weeks.
Chargery looks nice but I have had extremely bad experiences with aliexpress on anything over $50.

Uncle Todo said:
Were you buying direct from Daly or on AliExpress or something?
AliExpress you may be able to open a ticket for item not received.
Yes, I ordered on Aliexpress. Currently what they are trying to get me to do is order a more expensive smart BMS and then they will refund the one I originally bought that has never come.

Like I am going to give them more money to get my money back? lol Getting close to just doing a chargeback and let Aliexpress shut down my account.

RobOfYork said:
Have been trying to understand this one. It does look promising. I see how it will auto shut down your inverter and I like that.

Not understanding how it shuts off any over charging though.

Hit him up at [email protected].  His name is Dacian.  Super smart guy.  He will be able to answer all your questions and make recommendations.

Get your credit/debit card company involved. If it's debit and has visa/mc backing it does have some protections in place from them.

PeterPiper said:
Just be aware that Overkill Solar seems to be in some kind of bad place right now.

The owner posted an open apology for no customer service and no inventory.

Many complaints are popping up about no response to warranty requests on different forums including wills forum.

Some are reporting getting used BMS or faulty ones.   Sad.

Peter,

What you are describing is now very common for most products from China and many from other countries, including the USA.

Try to buy lifepo4 batteries, some solar products, or electric bicycles and see what I mean.  The supply chain is badly broken, and the next shortages could be food products.   The largest meat processing plant in the USA is down with a ransom ware attack (shades of the Colonial pipeline) and that affects 15% of the nation's meat supply.

Glad I have a nice new Overkill BMS that I ordered 2 months ago.   Now the quest is finding the lifepo4 cells that I prefer in stock.