Natural Gas Leak Detector/Survey Technician

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canine

Reaction score
Here's a job some of you may be interested in. Most of the jobs are in one location, but a few require the applicant to be able to travel at a moment's notice. For these jobs the ability to drive into remote, desolate locations is a must. Must have own vehicle and/or RV or trailer as the company doesn't provide housing or transportation. The pay is around $11/hour, around a $300/week per diem, and mileage compensated. Must be able to pack 20 or 30 pounds of equipment over about 7 miles a day. Able to work in inclement weather and on any day. Some weeks are slow while other are quite busy so no guarantee of hours. Extensive background check and drug tested. Jobs are located in the West and Midwest. In the winter jobs are more in the South, so that may mean fewer hours in the winter or maybe even completely laid off.

wayne49 said:

Try Heath Consultants out of Houston,TX.  Only one I can think of off hand.  I worked for them 25 or so years ago for a time. Wasn't in the gas leak part of it though.

Oh....Southern Cross Leak Detector Survey also. Georgia.

I didn't give any links because I thought it would be fun. I left out any links because he can search just as easily as I can. I'm not going to enable anyone by doing what they can do for themselves. If you want to do his work for him, you can.

Remember that I did a favor by sharing this information. If I'm expected to do others' work for them, I can always keep these juicy tidbits to myself. I'm better off not sharing this information; job security you might say.

I used to work for Southern Cross and they're not a bad company. You get to walk around and meet a lot of people. Unfortunately I was not with them long because I ended up with a job offer up in Seattle I could not refuse.

You can have at it.

I’ve done some duty holding a range pole on a survey team. Ticks, chiggers, poison ivy, bees, rats, dogs, excessive heat, excessive cold, rain, mud and muck, river crossings, barbed wire fences, irate property owners, you name it, I had to deal with it.

LoupGarou said:
You can have at it.

I’ve done some duty holding a range pole on a survey team. Ticks, chiggers, poison ivy, bees, rats, dogs, excessive heat, excessive cold, rain, mud and muck, river crossings, barbed wire fences, irate property owners, you name it, I had to deal with it.

Yeah, I had to go through some of that too. People in the PNW are quite chill and the woods and forest up there is nothing like the southeast. I just wished I stayed out west...