NAPA store in Clifton, Arizona

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 423

Reaction score
These folks went above beyond for me.  Last week I was on US 191 headed thru the mountains and was about 20 miles north of Morenci when my serpentine belt tensioner failed. 

I had no cell service with either T-Mobile or TracFone.  A local truck driver stopped and had Verizon, so I was able to call NAPA and they had the part in stock. I didn't want to leave the van, so I offered to pay $100 (and was ready to pay more!) if they could find someone who would deliver the part to me. From their store it was about a 60 mile roundtrip.

45 minutes later the little NAPA delivery truck arrived with the part. 

I dug out five $20 bills and handed it to the driver but he refused payment.  He was retired (like me) and said he just took the job to keep from being bored and they weren't busy at all at that time.

Some things I buy at NAPA but not a lot of stuff in the past 10 years or so.  I'll think about buying more in the future.

thanks for the heads up slow2day they really did go above and beyond.

I have never had a bad experience at Napa store.

highdesertranger

Meanwhile, I needed a front stabilizer bar bracket for my Express. I went to the NAPA in Miles City MT and the guy looked up the part. "It shows the bushing but I have no listing for the bracket."

"Well darn."

"Have you tried the Chevy dealer?"

So I went there. They happened to have the part in stock. With a ridiculous mark up, of course.

If I hadn't been traveling, and could've hung around a few days, and had an address to use, I would've ordered it from rockauto.com.

That's amazing service. Especially considering it was Morenci. As an Arizona native, I'm familiar with the place. Clifton and Morenci are not known for much other than copper mining, violence and poverty. But there are good people everywhere, and it seems you got in touch with some of them.

The NAPA store in Lone Pine, CA. treated me and friends very well many times in the past. Delivered a alternator to my campsite in the Alabama Hills and hung around to chat while I installed it. Another time, on motorcycles, they gave us access to their shop and tools to change a moto tire. Another time, they recommended an ace auto electrician in town (Shorty? Stubby?) and that solved a repair challenge. Great people!

My experience is you'll pay slightly higher prices for NAPA parts but you'll receive higher quality parts than the "other guys".

Happy Trails!
Chuck

I don't know about all NAPAs but the one out here on 'The Rock' will order for you and he usually gets stuff fast. If the NAPA company doesn't carry it, he knows who does. It might be worth asking. He knows where to get the hard to find parts for everything from Old fords to old Ferrari's. He is also good about helping with diagnostics, and "how to's' and if not you, who to send you to, to get stuff done.