My rats

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

She

Reaction score
Ive not a good solution for them if they are still with me by next summer.I know its about 6 months from now but I do have to think about there care. They can handle the cold well as long as there cage is stuffed with old clothes and they are not freezing. The&nbsp;problem&nbsp;is the heat. Rats do not handle heat well. Anything over 85 and they need help from us. They only release heat through their tails(which most people hate,I know). I plan to&nbsp;dehumidify&nbsp;as much as possible and have a fan going. In the shade of course. &nbsp;Now rats general live only 2 years but my 1st one lived to 5 and I had a female that lived to 4. It happens...just not often. My little men are about 18 to 20 months now. I have a feeling that Chase will live the longest(cause he&nbsp;doesn't&nbsp;sit still and has no stress) Of course when its their time to go I will no longer&nbsp;have rats cause it will take too much room in the van. Also the smell will be harder to contain. Yeah I wash every day with them. And they are litter box trained.<div>This is why I was so&nbsp;desperate&nbsp;to get a AC in the van.</div>

Well I&nbsp;probably&nbsp;could if I could find somebody who would rent their garage. That would add an&nbsp;expense that I really wouldn't want. But it would be a temporary thing.

I work in the next town but I dont have a van yet . I won't be ready for at least 3 months.

<P>I'd save the number... maybe even call the person now and open a dialogue.</P>

Good idea Cyndi. Ill give the person a buzz today.

Thanks Blkjak<div><br></div>