My FTC Conversion is Done

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am also looking for one to do the same thing...I want to do tongue and groove cedar and beige speaker carpeting. So many great video's on youtube!

I watched micro camper van videos for ideas for a couple of years.  Josh Oakes and Pamthevan were my two biggest  influences. 

I had originally planned to put the refrigerator by the side door entrance. But then I saw a build with it in the back.  So I decided to use my original refrigerator spot for more storage.

It would not have turned out nearly as functional without YouTube as a resource!

Sunny I don’t know where you are but I have a sewing machine and will gladly visit fabric stores with you to pick out some fabulous curtain material!

I’m in KY for the summer. Come on by!

I had a 62 Avion some years ago and I painted it light pink. Since it was a 62 it came with a pink sink and bathtub! I loved it!

Yeah Josh's videos were very informative and gave me some ideas. I really wonder why Ford changed the design for the 2014+ transit connects? Great design, would be awesome at 8 feet long cargo space lol

Cammalu said:
Sunny I don’t know where you are but I have a sewing machine and will gladly visit fabric stores with you to pick out some fabulous curtain material!

I’m in KY for the summer. Come on by!

I had a 62 Avion some years ago and I painted it light pink. Since it was a 62 it came with a pink sink and bathtub!  I loved it!

What an awesome offer!  Thank you!!!  Right now I am working on our Casita and into repairing and remodeling it up to the eyeballs.  So updates on the van (except for ordering another portable air conditioner because the first one didn't fit) are on hold.

My van is mainly a "get away with the girls as often as possible" peace pod.  The Casita is for trips with hubby.

I did so long to do full time.  But I turn 71 this month and have COPD.  So I am just deliriously happy that I have my own little van for camping.

The pink Avion sounds adorable!  I was never a "pink person" but have discovered that it makes me happier than any other color. :)

Thanks again for the offer.  It blew me away!  Wow!  I would love to meet up with you someday!

deryk_the_gypsy said:
Yeah Josh's videos were very informative and gave me some ideas.  I really wonder why Ford changed the design for the 2014+ transit connects?  Great design, would be awesome at 8 feet long cargo space lol

I guess the closest you could come is a short wheel base Transit.  Do you remember Bob Berluski's van (with his 2 little Chihuahuas?). I loved his van!

It looks like a nice weekend getaway van for glamping with girlfriends. Of course you don't need as much storage and power stuff as someone who is full time van dwelling so those shelving units do work nicely.

Yes, it would be tough for me to full time in such a small van.  But it could be done in a pinch until I could do better.

I have been homeless before, and knowing that now I can take my bed, kitchen and potty with me wherever I go gives me a real sense of security.

very true, a mobile home that goes with you is a nice security!

Where are you Sunny? We will be headed to quartzsite in the fall.

There are lots of clubs and activities there. I joined a quilting guild and rock club last year

Sunny1 said:
I guess the closest you could come is a short wheel base Transit.  Do you remember Bob Berluski's van (with his 2 little Chihuahuas?). I loved his van!

I am not familiar with his van, do you have a link?

Cammalu said:
Where are you Sunny?  We will be headed to quartzsite in the fall.

There are lots of clubs and activities there. I joined a quilting guild and rock club last year

I am in Georgia.  I will pm you.  :)

deryk_the_gypsy said:
Yeah that size would do lol  Plenty of room, have a toilet and shower and a bed! lol

If I were to full time, that is the van I would want.  It's the Ford Transit medium roof.  Unless you are tall you can stand up in it, and it looks so much better than the high roof!  I think he got decent gas mileage, too.

Yeah, if I was looking to head out on the road full time, I would need some more things with me, and I found when I had my fiberglass camper trailer, I really enjoyed being able to take a quick washdown shower before bed to wash off the bug spray/suntan lotion/grime and get in bed clean. I think it had like a 15 gallon tank and 6 gallons for the hotwater heater...so decadent taking showers in the boonies lol

What a gorgeous looking van ... I Love seeing people make them their own. I wish you many miles of fun with the girls!

MizMaggie said:
What a gorgeous looking van ... I Love seeing people make them their own.  I wish you many miles of fun with the girls!

Thank you so much.  It is my little dream van!  So far, each trip is better than the last!

Looks "Pretty In Pink"!  I hope when I'm finished with interior set up my comfort will be so nice!

Every time someone posts here that pretty pink photo comes up and I ohhhhhhh all over again!